BJS vs Martin Murray

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Oct 23, 2020.

1. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I think BJS thinks that that Lemmy fight is his Calzaghe v Lacy, it's not and it never will be. Calzaghe schooled and beat up an unbeaten World Champion who went into the fight as a clear favourite whilst Calzaghe went into the fight injured. BJS danced around a past his best Lemmy, never looked like stopping him, made him miss comically once and has now spent the last 3 years thinking that that fight should give him a multi million pound payday when he can't be bothered to live the life of a fighter that earns and has those fights.

DJN16, BaronSamedi, Jurgen and 3 others like this.
  2. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I’m happy for Martin Murray, one last pay day for him to retire with.

And I’m also happy Saunders is fighting. Is it a great fight? Definitely not.

He should be dispatching of the current Murray with ease and then hopefully a big fight in the first quarter of 2021. (Won’t hold my breath).

3. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Given he has already not bothered with the fight, I hope Murray has a guaranteed pay if BJS pulls out.

Accurate, Twentyman, moog and 2 others like this.
  4. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Does anybody care? Saunders is now 31 or 32. He is and always has been just looking for a cash out. I'd love it if Murray beat him. Saunders is the epitome of that is wrong the boxing.

crixus85, BaronSamedi and Smudge_ like this.
  5. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Very poor fight in my opinion. Martin Murray is someone who I have massive respect for, but in reality he should have hanged up the gloves a few years ago. He lost fair and square to N'Dam and we seen how far he was off it he was when Callum Smith fought him. Murray is 38, has nothing to prove, is a warrior, has too many miles on the clock and at this stage has no chance against Saunders.

im sparticus, Twentyman and Holler like this.
  6. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Calzaghe was one of our greats - BJS is one of our great wasters

DJN16, EJC83, Mitch87 and 2 others like this.
  7. BaronSamedi

BaronSamedi Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 9, 2015
    BJS is the biggest fraud in boxing. Never have I heard someone shout so consistently for big fights to then consistently fight low level opposition.

He seems to have fooled some fools into thinking he's a madly avoided fighter. He really isnt. Watch his fights, he's been in danger and struggled against low level opponents a numerous times and he ALWAYS has a bucket load of excuses as to why he looked like ****.

Fact is, he isnt actually THAT good. In his entire career, he's had a couple of decent showings against fringe world level guys, and a LOT of terrible showings against low level opposition, whilst totally avoiding real world level guys......there's a reason he's never fought a single real world level fighter

People are starting to cotton on to the fact he's a fraud now and it's nice to see

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    EJC83, The taff, Jolly Roger and 2 others like this.
  8. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Well said. Nail on the head.

EJC83 and BaronSamedi like this.
  9. crixus85

crixus85 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2014
    Not that it’s important, but has the wbo, (lower case deliberate) stopped requiring mandatories for their idea of a “World” champion?
    Ridiculous that Billy Saunders is refereed to as any kind of world champion, let alone a double one!

10. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Murray was never much good in the first place. Tick over fight for BJS, who only seems to have tick over fights.

11. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Saunders, Saunders, Saunders....

12. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    He did give a good account of himself when he went over and fought Martinez.

DJN16, EJC83, moog and 2 others like this.
  13. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Yeah, I thought he had long been retired too. Can't remember after what fight, or when he announced it, but definitely remember a retirement a couple of years back.

14. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I'd actually rate Saunders versus Amir Khan as a better fight than this.

15. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I thought he was already on second retirement at that point.

This fight takes the ****, which at least is one thing BJS genuinely deserves a world title in.