Breaking down AJ's resume

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by ellerbe, Nov 6, 2018.

1. greenhornet

greenhornet Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 14, 2016
    wlad looked like **** his previous fight and was damn near forty. you brits all say he was at his best ever though, because you cannot distinguish facts from your idiotic opinions. again, who ducks their first title shot? facts are everyone Fury has fought but Wlad was picked because they stunk and were at a distinct disadvantage or three. but continue trying to prop up ol glass jaw fury's pathetic resume.

gdm likes this.
  2. greenhornet

Nov 14, 2016
    pulled out an alt to back yourself up. nice.

gdm likes this.
  3. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Good summary
    Wilder fans will dodge

N17 likes this.
  4. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

Cheers Mr A

Well Wilder fans keep switching it up on me, they talk about resumes and try and pick holes in Joshua's resume but if I try to compare resumes..

I can't compare defences or opponents of world title fights because Wilder comes out worse.

I can't compare them both at the same point in their careers because Wilder comes out worse.

I can't compare them at the same age and I can't compare them now because Wilder comes out worse.

They slaughter AJ even though he has only had 22 fights and when you remind them Finkel called Wilder a "prospect" and said "he won't be rushed" after 33 professional fights and holding the WBC title because they didn't want to fight Klitschko it is ignored or excused.

And apparently I'm bringing up the past and it's all about NOW, AJ even with a better resume, better opponents, more achievement gets no sort of pass that Wilder got, AJ isn't a "prospect" after 22 fights but Wilder was after 33.

5. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    This post and the one where you compare in said fights are top draw
    That shuts down there whole argument
    Well done sir
    Your in the top five posters on this site
    If not top 3
    Keep being the shepherd and never be the sheep ;

N17 likes this.
  6. The Clan

The Clan Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 11, 2007
    You sound angry, why?

7. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Here you go again trying to change what has been said.
    It's not me that has destroyed you. It's facts that have schooled you.
    I haven't said I think Wladimir was at his best. I said I don't think he was washed up. He had beaten 5 undefeated HWs in his previous 6 fights and 3 of those all these years later are still listed in the boxrec top 20. Facts
    You still can't tell me what all the disadvantages were when Fury was due to fight haye and when Haye was unable offered wilder the fight when you have to consider Fury wasn't favoured against Haye, Klitschko and isn't favoured against wilder now.

I don't need to prop anything up and haven't tried.
    I just gave you facts and that's what owned you

8. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    No alt of mine.
    I don't need to be backed up. Facts destroyed you

9. Blackclouds

Blackclouds Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 9, 2013
    By his own admission, AJ is not ready still making "learning" fights despite 3 belts and needs more of them before fighting Wilder. Wilder has been ready. That says it all about AJ's resume. Still in development, while pretending to be THE champ and yet another boxer avoiding his toughest matchup. Wilder already fought his toughest matchup, that's why he has unbounded confidence that I know you hate.

No distespect to the OP, AJ can get resume smoke too, easily. Too many of you live in fantasy land like boxing can be quantified. Science cannot even understand why a boxer with muscles has no power and another that's flabby does. The sweet science can't be broken down to one factor. I really don't think you guys even like boxing arguing about paper.

10. greenhornet

Nov 14, 2016
    lol, ok.

11. greenhornet

Nov 14, 2016
    i don't remember the details about what transpired after Haye was injured. i remember him running his mouth about what he would do to Ustinov, until Ustinov wasn't fazed by his blowhard act. he then ran from the fight like a *****, making up numerous excuses. he cried that Chisora, Haye, and the Klitschko's were partners in setting him up to be rid of him. tell ya what, ban bet on this fight coming up.

12. bailey

Dec 11, 2009
    Never heard anything about him saying about hws being partners to try to get rid of him?
    Not heard that before but not sure of the relevance as Fury fought Chisora twice, fought Wladimir and had agreed to face Haye. Twice I think.

With the Ustinov fight, as I understand he had to cancel as he had an ill relative who died. His then trainer was a relative also who couldn't work his corner due to this also
    I can't see how someone can be knocked for pulling out of a boxing match when they have an ill relative which is a sad situation affecting their family and trainer

13. greenhornet

Nov 14, 2016
    look it up, it is exactly what he said directly after pulling out of the Ustinov fight. his relative was ill well before chisora pulled out. he never made mention of any of it until ustinov turned up in shape and refused to be intimidated at the weigh in. he then pulled out of the fight within hours of the weigh in. f'n *****. btw, you ignored the ban bet offer. i'll go a week for you versus permanent for me. no reason to turn that down.

14. blackbolt396

blackbolt396 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 13, 2012
    Word.

15. blackbolt396

blackbolt396 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 13, 2012
    I take AJ any day over Wilder , way more skilled and the difference in power isn’t much. A 60/40 fight because of Wilders power , AJ is the favorite for a reason.