British Heavyweight Tournament

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Tyson Furry, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Exactly. It's like comparing Wladimir Klitschko's earlier part of his career to the 2nd half of his career. Both changed their styles completely.

2. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    The Whyte Chisora fights were both unique as they both just wanted a slug fest and knock each others head off. I think if Whyte fought Fury then tactically it would be completely different. Fury would dance around with no power and Whyte would just come forward in his aggressive style and eventually his power would connect with that dodgy Fury chin.

3. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Whyte lost to Chisora and was losing in the second fight, despite point deductions, until the KO. In my opinion he wouldn't beat Fury, he'd be made to look a fool.

4. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    From the posts of yours that I see, they do come across as very negative about Fury and I haven't seen your posts about Chisora/Wlad as I don't post that often so just commenting on what I see.

I think it's difficult to read too much into fights 6+ years ago because he's clearly improved enormously since then. He also turned pro far earlier than Joshua for example, so has been learning on the job and developing without the comfort blanket of amateur losses not meaning much.

Of course he can be hit - he's an enormous man. He does move incredibly well for his size and is highly elusive. When you've had the time off that Fury had - considering what he was doing in that time - I think you can understand the Seferi and Pianetta fights to an extent. He can't really be criticised for matchmaking though, because he took the Wilder fight (and in many people's eyes won clearly).

I am disappointed with the Schwartz fight - I struggle to believe that's the best possible opponent they could've got. That's a real shame because in my opinion he should be fighting the best (as they all should).

I find your idea that Joyce beats him a little odd. Joyce has fought very low level opposition in his pro career - there's no evidence to suggest he could beat Fury based on that. I think Fury would beat him fairly easily - and if you read between the lines of a few rumours coming out of Fury's last camp; he already has.

5. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Easier said than done. Fury would make Whyte miss all night and would win on controlling the distance alone. You're right, Fury would dance around and he'd do it with success as well.