Broner vs. Maidana

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Stylez G., Aug 12, 2013.

1. Stylez G.

Stylez G. Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 11, 2012
    It looks like this fight is pretty much a done deal. Maidana has looked like an improved fighter as of lately. Broner's stock has seemingly taken a hit recently, as many have slapped him with the overrated tag. So takes this fight?

2. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    I think Broner will be the sizable betting favorite, but I actually will be picking Maidana in this one.

I just see Maidana as being one of the worst H2H match ups for Broner in all of 135-147.

3. Maidana knocks Broner out in round 6

4. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    I think people let their hate for Broner cloud their judgment when picking this fight. Maidana is tailor made for Broner, he comes forward is slow and there to be hit. I have no idea why people can't see this? They will be shocked at how easy Broner deals with him. Maidana will get beat up and beat to the punch all night long. It will be funny to watch as Broner tees off on him and taunts him throughout the fight.:deal

5. Stylez G.

Stylez G. Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Interesting perspective. It would seem to me that Maidana has an ideal style for someone like Broner.

6. Fighting Fungus

Fighting Fungus Active Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I agree with this, that being said I hope I am wrong.

7. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    :emma
    OHHHHHH THE PAIN:| I voted for AB but my passion, not my mind, still screams for Maidana.
    I have stuck by Maidana for years, exciting fighter, and really hope with his coaching under Garcia he can pull this one out for me.

This will be a great fight and I give full respect to Broner for being a man of his word.

I know he can act ridiculous on camera, and at the strip club, :lol:but he is on his way up in boxing:smoke

8. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    WTF? Maidana is made to order for Broner an aggressive guy who's slow **** defense is just the kind of guy who Broner loves to fight. He will land highlight reel combos on Maidana and get to his body as well. This fight should be a showcase fight for Broner. if he can't beat Maidana he should either quit boxing or move his ass back to 135.

9. Nonito Smoak

Sep 8, 2010
    I don't want to overreact from one fight but the Paulie fight certainly changed my opinion of how well Broner would transition to WW. He better hope that was an off camp or off night.

Broner is too passive defensively and squared up against a guy like Maidana, in my opinion.

Sub-par Philly shell + flat feet = not good against Maidana

And Maidana has a pretty good and tested chin in addition.

10. Nonito Smoak

Sep 8, 2010
    Just my opinion. I don't pretend it's gospel as it sounds like you do.

11. blackbolt396

blackbolt396 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 13, 2012
  12. dodong

dodong >>PACQUIAO Full Member

Apr 14, 2007
    based on broner's pdl fight, maidana has a great chance.

13. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    broner on points. maidana is exciting and tough but not very skilled.

14. Pimp C

Jun 23, 2005
    Paulie was not there to be hit and can box so Broner's overall effectiveness and workrate went down. I said going into that fight that it wouldn't be an easy fight and that Broner wouldn't KO Paulie. The opposite of that is with Maidana who will be right in front of Broner all night long which is a bad place to be. If Maidana boxed behind a jab and wasn't there to be hit I might have a different pick but he isn't. Also you don't have to have ATG footwork to beat a guy like Maidana who is way overrated here. Broner's footwork is good enough as is his defense to nullify Maidana's attack. By the mid rounds Maidana's face will tell the story of this fight as Broner's cleaner and harder blows start to pay off. Broner's workrate and combo punching will go up in this fight and he will either skate to a wide UD win or a late round TKO.

15. dannyc1990

dannyc1990 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Iv personally not seen these improvements from maidana, he got hit so much by lopez... broner beats him trust me. Now matthyse v broner interests me