Brook is finished

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by tdf1974, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    How that was a final eliminator is beyond me.

As for the fight I see Brook getting wheeled out to the US for one last big pay day on a DAZN show then gets wheel barrowed home.

Dragon Punch and 305th like this.
  2. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    He looked absolutely awful. The ease in which he was clipped over and over with simple shots against an average opponent, clearly chosen to make him look good. At one point he even looked a bit hurt. He was very slow, sluggish and just looked awful. Sad to see, it just goes to show how fast sports men especially boxers can plummet from top of the game to absolute mediocrity at best. Not that I’ve ever been his biggest fan but It’s crazy. It was only 18 months ago that he was beating/drawing with Spence going into the straight.

I was one of the few who gave Khan a shot against Brook before Kahn’s last fight were he was nearly dropped and saved by the bell by a non puncher. After that performance I realised there was no way the only way of Khan winning was still possible as he surely couldn’t avoid being banged by a decent puncher like Brook for 12 anymore. However, after that sloth performance from Brook I actually think that’s a strong possibility. I couldn’t get over how slow he was. Khan could actually get in and out comfortably, bust his face up quite easily and even stop him.

305th likes this.
  3. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Basically the whole Ingle style is based on a fighters reaction. Once the reflexes go .... Ingle style don't work.

Sphillips, zulander, 305th and 2 others like this.
  4. Accurate

Accurate Jump back, wanna kiss myself! Full Member

May 3, 2018
    I thought that in the pre fight interviews on IFL, his mouth says one thing (I'm happy, motivated etc) his eyes say another (I've had it, I'm desperate etc) Sad to see, but Khan fight or retire IMO.

Twentyman and 305th like this.
  5. bardin

bardin Member Full Member

Nov 3, 2018

There's some truth in that - it depends on not getting hit as he doesn't focus on defence/ protecting the head, rather on hitting from angles. It's a shame because the fighters he has produced have been a joy to watch

DJN16 likes this.
  6. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Johnny Nelson was 39 when his knee went in sparring. At the time he was an undefeated world champion for 6 years.
    Junior Witter was a world champion at 34.
    Which other Uk gym has had world champions at that age?
    Kell is only 32 and looked great in his previous fight.
    In an interview last week Dom Ingle said the way they train is very difficult for people. The results speak for themselves.

pow likes this.
  7. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Yeah I was thinking that haha. Maybe another performance like that against similar opposition and he may get his wish.

8. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Khan looked poor last time, Brook looked dreadful last night, yet how many PPV buys would that get in March?

9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Not forgetting outside the UK, the man that forgot to age - Bernard Hopkins

10. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Around 800k I reckon.

11. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    Just ludicrous, two totally irrelevant fighters, and yet people would still pay. I would happily contribute a score for them both to retire

12. bardin

bardin Member Full Member

Nov 3, 2018

Wasn't meant to be a criticism really - he just sets his fighters up differently from most and as I say it's a joy to watch when he gets someone who has the skills to match the methods. Not sure I agree with you about Brook's last fight but good points re longevity of Nelson and Witter

13. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    They're not totally irrelevant though.

14. TBC-ASAP

Sep 7, 2017
    They are for me, just so bored of it all

15. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    They are as genuine contenders on the World Title scene - both get squashed by any half decent champion these days.