Buatsi says he will fight Yarde

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Puroresu_Fan, May 16, 2018.

1. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    What goalposts..has Hearn put in an official offer for the fight?

I don’t know Yarde to ask him if he would want the fight, but even if he and Joshua both wanted it to happen, we know there are dozens of obstacles in the way from both campa management before its even a real possibility.

For example, anybody with common sense knows that neither Hearn or Warren would allow their fighter to fight on the other channel.

You didn’t answer my question as to why Hearn isn’t talking about putting Buatsi in with easy to make fights under his control?

2. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    You keep looking for reasons for why it won't happen before both fighters even say they want it. One side has said they want it and the promoter has tweeted no obstacles on his side for why it can't happen.

You name other opponents for Buatsi to fight but maybe he wants the Yarde fight. Nothing wrong with that.

You better hope no offer does get made as Yarde is going to look like a total ***** if he didn't take it.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  3. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    Mate, I would love to see Bustsi v Yarde.

If an offer is made, then I will look at it objectively from the details made public. I won’t be automatically be claiming Yarde is a ducker if it gets refused though, as boxing at that level is not as simplistic as that.

Yarde might want the fight fir example, but his promoter Warren (who he is under contract with) might not, so it’s stuffed.

Like wise, Warren in theory might offer the fight to Buatsi (which Joshua wants) on BT- Hearn /AJ boxing are extremely unlikely to authorise that, so is that a duck?

4. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    Of course the offer would need to be a good offer.

Hearn tweeting no issues his end suggests to me he wouldn't stand in Buatsi's way to get paid on another network.

5. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    Hearn is a promoter, backed by a major TV company, and boasting of a new billion dollar deal.
    The fact that he has not put an offer in for this fight tells it's own story.

6. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    What about the Johnson offer?

As far as I'm aware Frank's side never responded

Scissors and Sephiroth Rising 7 like this.
  7. Dragon Punch

Sep 15, 2012
    I Think frank indirectly turned it down and made a counter offer to Gallagher for Johnson to fight him on BT or so he said in an interview.

Both frank and Hearn are BS merchants when it suits them, that’s why I don’t run to call people duckers when one of them wants to score points on ifl or whatever

Scissors, ryuken87 and yesihavearm2 like this.
  8. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    At the moment it would be a close fight. Buatsi is much more highly skilled but Yarde definitely has more power. Can he land on Buatsi though? And I’d expect Buatsi to land for fun on him. Close fight at this moment in time.

9. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    This content is protected

10. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    To be fair it’s not the right time. Let them both keep building and it will be a big domestic clash.

11. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    There is no building if Yardi does not step up. Yardi could get to 20-0 but it makes no difference if he doesn't beat anyone.

12. Scissors

Feb 11, 2018
    To us maybe. To the casuals they see this knock out merchant. 20(20)-0-0 with Frank vs one of Eddies unbeaten, highly skilled Olympians (who lets not kid ourselves will probably have a bit of a padded record too) for a belt of some sort. It’s a seller.

13. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    Nowhere to run Yarde

This content is protected

14. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    Both fighters can call each other out and not look like duckers now as it won’t happen in the near future that’s a guarantee but deep down I think Warren would be sheeting his pants if the fight was made especially if Hearn got it on Sky, cos a loss on his glory boy million touch a second pad hitting magician would be a big loss in his so called better than Eddie stable. Buatsi all the way in this fight he’s just too sharp a boxer for Half a Yarde.

15. Sephiroth Rising 7

Sephiroth Rising 7 'No tears please!' banned Full Member

Sep 27, 2016
    :lol:

Yarde was trying to act is if the problem would be with the promoters not wanting the fight, as if he knows what Hearn's had in mind for Buatsi, when really he was hoping that Eddie wouldn't want the fight so soon.

It's abundantly clear that Yarde doesn't want the fight or any challenges outside what they bring out of Hungary and Albania