Burns v Lee Selby

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Degale, Aug 1, 2019.

1. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Hipster?

More like a deviant

Very odd behaviour that is

Do you sleep on an imitation Eddie Hearn knob?

2. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Tbh I don't mind the fight.
    2 British fighters who have both beenbworld champions.
    I'd pick burns to win

Smudge_ likes this.
  3. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I'm another one who quite likes the fight. It doesn't need to be two prime fighters or young up and comers to make me interested in a fight, it's all about good match ups for me, where you can make a case for either boxer winning and this fight is interesting and well matched in a number of ways. I can't see what people are grumbling about. It's as if as soon as you start to decline some people just want them to retire. Declines can be a slow process, you're not instantly washed up. Burns is the perfect example of that, it's been years since we had the prime Ricky Burns, but he's kept plugging away and still had some half decent wins and some good performances from him in that time. Also, it was just over a year ago and only 2 fights ago for Selby that he was a massive favourite to beat Warrington, and look where his stock is at the moment. Now I know Selby probably isn't going to reach those heights again but then again I think it's unfair to throw him on the scrap-heap so soon. Nobody wants to see Burns or Selby challenge the top dogs in fights they have zero chance in like Crolla vs Lomachenko. We don't want to watch them beat up on or go through the motions with journeymen or dumplings either, so they're taking the right type of fight in my eyes. Some people are just hard to please.

I think Burns wears him down and stops him late.

4. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Projection mate

5. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    True pick 'em but I can't see past Selby outboxing him.

6. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    I can see why Burns would want this type of fight but, Selby only just moved up. I was hoping he’d be wanting a proper go of it at the new weight. He may know he’s finished.

7. Smudge_

Smudge_ Teak tough Full Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I posted this in early June. Just call me mystic Smudge_ :)

https://www.boxingforum24.com/threads/ricky-burns.630790/#post-19877742