Callum smith next fight?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Dave1311, Jan 18, 2023.

1. iamthegreatest

iamthegreatest Well-Known Member Full Member

May 4, 2020
    Terribly inactive. He needs to step up and take the big money fights.

SeanB1 likes this.
  2. Sonny1

Sonny1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 11, 2013
    He’s made a fortune from the WBSS fights and then Canelo. I don’t think he seems that bothered. He knows how dangerous both Beterbiev and Bivol are as well.

carlingeight and SeanB1 like this.
  3. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    But how can you disrespect a man for taking a fight, getting in the ring and trying? He got outclassed ok, what more could he have done?

I dont get the logic behind losing respect for someone just because they weren’t good enough to dethrone the pound for pound at the time? These guys put their health on the line.

DramaShow, jimmyonebomb and SeanB1 like this.
  4. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    Arthur bit mehh, at least he’s british so will be somewhat interesting…rather have seen him in with Richards

tee_birch likes this.
  5. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Agreed mate

DoubleG95Fanatic likes this.
  6. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    This content is protected

If Paro Davies Jr is still happening, this is shaping up to be a strong card.

tee_birch and SeanB1 like this.
  7. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    I know what you mean but he’s right. I’m the same I’ve switched off from him too. He also let himself down a bit in the Camelot fight his much smaller brother gave him a better fight. Bivol showed how to beat Camelo, I believe Smith could have boxed more like that had he had the confidence. He seemed beaten before he got in.

8. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I think Smith v Beterbiev is a real 50/50. Both got good boxing fundamentals, both are monster punchers at 175, both great finishers and both can be hit. 4 round shoot out imo. Neither beats Bivol imo.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  9. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    I agree, I have switched off from Callum too. Not that he isn’t a good fighter, he just doesn’t seem like he really cares or is bothered. Hard to root for someone like that.

He is always taking time away. Getting married, baby etc. There is always something. It’s a short career, especially at your physical prime.

He did let himself down in the Canelo fight. He is huge at the weight so maybe it was that but you could see very early he had no genuine ambition to win the fight. Going 12 was a win in his own head.

175lb looks good. Doesn’t seem like he is chomping at the bit to compete.

Shame as well as he is one of the best British fighters around

Here's Johnny likes this.
  10. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Didn't put up a fight. Showed up and did absolutely nothing. I've hated him ever since and I'm not alone in this.

11. smoking mirrors

smoking mirrors Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2023
    these guys aren’t people drafted off the street to fight Canelo against their will. they want the status and the payday of a world level boxer, we should see them earn it. as mentioned, even his own brother put up a better fight.

12. BoxingAddick

BoxingAddick Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2021
    I can genuinely see a parrelel between Smith and Kell Brooks careers where both seem to have wasted their prime by fighting mostly B level opponents. Of course they both have good wins on resume in Groves and Porter respectivly but in reality looking back prime Brook shpuld have been in bigger fights and so should Smith. Smith still has time but needs to hurry up.

tee_birch likes this.
  13. Finchley

Finchley Member Full Member

May 19, 2011
    Interesting comparison. Smith went into the Canelo fight thinking it was unwinnable and fought that way. When Kell fought GGG it was madness, obviously unwinnable, he stepped up two weight divisions to fight a HOF fighter in his prime. But at least Kell went in and gave it a good go for a few rounds, even carried on after his face was caved in. It was disappointing that Smith didn't have that same fire, he was fighting a man that had recently stepped up to 168, not the other way round.

kojak likes this.
  14. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    This content is protected

carlingeight, Breazer5678 and Holler like this.