Canelo Alvarez vs Kell Brook

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Wildcat, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Canelo

58 vote(s)
    86.6%
  2. Brook

9 vote(s)
    13.4%
  1. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    You lying, spinning, deceiving piece of filth. We both know what you're like exaggerating everything Canelo threw even punches that were grazing probing punches, inside glove slaps to elbows .. Now you're spinning and actually lying to make out as if I was doing the exact thing you were doing? You're lowest of the low you really are.

And those photographs you were posting were not proof you absolute dumbass like I freaking explained a thousand times - WATCHING THE CLIP IS FAR MORE IMPORTANT THAN A PHOTOGRAPH A LOT OF THE TIME YOU CAN'T SEE MUCH FROM A PHOTO YOU R E T A R D...

Jesus christ I can't believe I'm getting triggered by a marketing bot

Last edited: Oct 22, 2021
  2. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    I know the system you patronising piece of shite, what you don't seem to understand is the ultimate priority is landing cleaner more impactful punches in more rounds than the opponent (if this isn't the priority in boxing then it's not really a sport) .. Everything else is secondary. This is something what GGG did in 8 rounds in both fights.

And this is clearly something you can't wrap your head around because you have got Canelos balls in front of you eyes. Slapping opponents arms with inside gloves whilst simultaneously expelling air isn't clean punching funnily enough

3. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    You are just naive and easily led. You're only making these claims because you try and link it back to Canelo in someway.. Its clear as day

4. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    This level of disingenuity, lying, spinning is actually disgraceful. You truly are living in your own world.

5. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Tinfoil hat confirmed

lufcrazy likes this.
  6. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    This really is ironic..there's a fair share of people who believe Kovalev Canelo was a fix/sparring session because of what they observed, and there's people who say VAR is rigged because of what they observed. You believe VAR is rigged and inherently corrupt? Where's the evidence? Youd say the exact same to me for Canelo Kovalev... There's not going to be or there is unlikely to be explicit evidence other than what is observed and believed. You're no less of conspiracy theorist than I am then as youve called me in the past you illogical hypocrite

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  7. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    The whole point of doing the round by round punch by punch summary was to create a record of which punches landed and which didn't. But we couldn't agree on some punches, even when I showed stills showing a punch connecting. It was never about being right or wrong, it was just discussing what happened and which punches landed. You were unwilling to do that, and you clearly bailed mid-way through the rematch. You were too emotionally invested in your arguments. That's where the problem is, and the difference between you and me. I am able to remain objective because I'm not overly emotional when it comes to scoring rounds like you are.

8. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    It's more in your face and distruptive to the match when it comes to VAR. What you're alleging in boxing is all behind the scenes, you can't point to specific decisions that were objectively wrong like we can see with VAR. Like with VAR, it's fans disagreeing with specific referee decisions and interpretations of rules that have been changed to accomodate VAR. The changes to football that have been made to accomodate VAR are abundantly clear, there's no guesswork or theory involved, they announce the changes, and they continue to tweak the new rules in nonsensical ways. With your theory on Canelo and Kovalev is far more conspiratorial. You literally believe that Kovalev himself was paid off to take some kind of a dive.

No one's arguing that the teams involved in football matches were intentionally losing a match like you claim Kovalev was.

9. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Alvarez knocks him out.

10. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    You just don't know how to concede when a punch from Canelo clearly grazes but you emphasise it as if it have meaning time and time again. This is the last time I'm gonna say this to because it clearly isn't getting in. When you have someone who can't comprehend that grazing punches, inside glove slaps and probing punches aren't clean punches and someone that exaggerates everything Canelo lands, then there's absolutely no winning with you because you're completely fixed in your mindset of what is essentially fanboyism. That's why I decided there's no point debating you, idgaf about Golovkin (meh resume) or Canelo (fraud), whereas you have some vested interest in Canelo.

And what makes it even more frustrating with you is that you completely spin it as you have just done and make out that I was the exaggerate punches that aren't clean. This is the last time I'm commenting on this topic with you because there's no getting in and I fully expect you to spin this again to save face

11. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    VAR is fundamentally suspicious and is inherently rife for corruption. It's clearly affected the sport in a negative way. There's nothing like VAR in football in boxing. I wasn't outright claiming it was rigged to warm England fans to VAR, I said what happened in that semi-final gave that impression OK. But if you want to call me a tinfoil hat wearer for that statement, that's fine. I'm far more content with the state of boxing than I am with the state of football since VAR has been introduced. What Q argued about Canelo and Kovalev being a fix is far more conspiratorial since his argument is that Kovalev intentionally took a dive and it wasn't a legit KO. Disagreeing with referee / VAR decision in a football match is on a different level than what is being alleged in boxing. It's more obviously suspicious, it's more in your face when it comes to specific decisions that change the course of a match. Boxing matches aren't being stopped for lengthly replay views with controversial decisions during a match that change the course of a match.

Q's claims are more theory / conspiracy than mine about VAR in football. I am fine through with you labeling me tinfoil hat when it comes to VAR because I fully admit I think VAR is corrupt as hell and it's damaging football. I am a sports traditionalist first and foremost and I don't like seeing any sport overly tinkered with like VAR has done with football. Boxing hasn't been affected by something like VAR in football, so it's very different to me to allege corruption in football when it's abundantly clear with VAR as in your face as it is vs boxing which isn't like that. That's not to say that Q is inherently wrong for believing conspiracies or I'm right. He has every right to voice his concerns if he feels something is wrong, but I don't think it's fair to put my comments about VAR in football in the same boat as what Q is alleging in boxing as it relates to Canelo. We all come at this from a different perspective on boxing vs other sports. My issue with VAR in football is simply because I care about football and don't like seeing it run amuck. With boxing I see it as still a pure sport, which is why I take issue with those alleging corruption in boxing without evidence to support such claims.

12. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    Again you've completely spun out and you don't understand the fundamental points I made.

You thinking VAR is inherently corrupt is based off your observations so is me thinking Canelo Kovalev was a fix becuase of my observations.

"What you're alleging in boxing is all behind the scenes, you can't point to specific decisions that were objectively wrong like we can see with VAR. Like with VAR, it's fans disagreeing with specific referee decisions and interpretations of rules"

What? This is all still based on observations it's no different. I and many others observe a clear as day sparring session in Canelo Kovalev . You and others observe a VARs decision as corrupt (how do you know this? Could be incompetence, or referees genuine belief in his decision) You've just claimed VAR is inherently corrupt, when neither in that fights case or VARs case is there definitive evidence of a fix/rig.

Therefore, you're a conspiracy theorist

13. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    That's just objectively not true and you're being dishonest. If you go through my punch summaries, I clearly decribed a ton of punches by Canelo as "grazing" when they didn't land clean. I made that distinction time and time again. Now we might have disagreed on the extent at which some punches landed, but disgreeing on some punches is OK. In many cases I said camera angles made it hard to see for sure. So you're painting a picture about me that just isn't accurate. I went to great lengths to meet you halfway on some of those punches, to give you the benefit of the doubt. I even said your argument that GGG won round 5 of the rematch was reasonable.

You don't need to try so hard to paint me in such a way when it's not consistent with my action. I am very reasonable and I tried to be as fair as possible when describing punches. Believe what you want, but there was no agenda from me, I was simply trying to be as fair as I could to both fighters. I complimented GGG when he landed a good punch, I tried to call it down the middle. Not to say I described everything perfectly, but I did the best I could to describe the punches thrown with the camera angles provided.

14. Quina74

Apr 25, 2019
    Gonna stop you there you lying spinning scumbag. Blocked

15. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Landed the cleaner more impactful punches in more rounds

https://i.redd.it/eraftf6jz0n11.png

And even then, that's not the main factor, there are three others.

shadow111 likes this.