Canelo Alvarez vs Rocky Fielding

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by emallini, Dec 10, 2018.

1. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    What time is this due in the UK? As the program on sky starts at 11 and finishes at 1....

2. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    I'm wondering this myself they just said on Sky that Katie Taylor is due on at 11:30pm

3. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Glorified sparring sesh for Nelo. Those loosely held elbows of Fieldings' not gunna provide much defence when Saul goes chopping.

lewis gassed likes this.
  4. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    What is the undercard like?

5. underwraps

underwraps Active Member Full Member

Oct 31, 2017
    Canelo by body shot. I said it a few days ago. I wish Rocky the best, but I hope he's getting paid very well.

305th likes this.
  6. PernellSweetPea

PernellSweetPea Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Rocky's gameplan should be similar to Broners against Pacman. Get into a fight where technique is thrown out and maybe a lucky punch can land.

7. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    There are levels in boxing. Clenelo is levels above Rocky Fielding.

Like everyone else here I expect to see his weight drained body chopped down like a tree. Fortunately for Clenelo he doesn’t have much of a punch on him either.

8. macademics

macademics Active Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2012

My thoughts exactly. Canelo is going to fight smart and move and counter all night. He is not going to fight on the inside or going to try and trade with a 6'3 super middleweight who is more then capable of physically manhandling him. Rocky was able to manhandle Zuege with ease who is bigger then Canelo. Canelo wins a wide UD here. 10/3 at the bookies too, I may put something down on this one.

9. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    This will become a horror show for Rocky
    Canelo in 4

lewis gassed likes this.
  10. jonny v

jonny v Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Rocky will shock you all with an absolute lion hearted performance win or lose. If canelo shows him zero respect then he's coming unstuck. Also... Let's just say canelo wins then does he continue at smw and take on smith ?

Twentyman likes this.
  11. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    I think he will dodge Smith and take on one of the Mexicans (Ramirez or Benavidez) in a ''cinco de Mayo" style showdown.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  12. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    I personally think Canelo is being vastly overrated here.

Lost to Lara but got a decision, pushed very close by Trout in his prime (scorecards were a shambles, what a surprise). Lost to Golovkin the first time round and majority thought Golovkin won the second time and Golovkin is not in his prime.

Two of those close fights were at Light Middle were they not?

Was getting outboxed by Khan for quite a lot of there fight, yes he one shotted him and was coming into the fight.

The main thing is he's struggled against a lot smaller fighters then Rocky Fielding and in reality should have 3 losses on his record.

Hi power is being super overated here also imo.

Rocky should absolutely believe he can win this, if he doesn't then he will lose as that's a losers mentality not a winners.

Just feel Canelo is being hugely overated because of his back to back 'wins'.

History of all Canelos other fights tells me that Fielding, if he has any confidence at all, should put up a decent fight at the very least.

The 10/3 Canelo points looks like value selection all things considered.

jonny v likes this.
  13. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Good post.

14. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Good post but I feel that Fielding could also have a couple more defeats on his record, too. I felt that both Rebrasse and Ryder beat him.

I would love nothing more though than for Fielding to land a big right hand and knock Canelo out. He’s the bigger man here, he’s heavy handed, you just never know...

Go on Rocky from Stocky, lad!!!

emallini and kojak like this.
  15. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    This is truly a terrible fight for supposedly a top P4P fighter in the world.
    Canelo could have had anyone in 154-168 range and this is what we get.