Canelo doesnt have a single ATG type win.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by floydwhittaker, May 10, 2021.

1. floydwhittaker

floydwhittaker New Member Full Member

Feb 1, 2021
    A ATG is someone that is dominating his division and beating the best with insane performances.
    Lets look at canelo top 5 win. And is clearly above everyone in the division

1. GGG = best win but lost once, ggg was out of prime and old. They are still 1-1. Also the fight was way too close and competitive with a old man to be considered a ATG performance. GGG in prime had much faster hand speed. One that canelo fought was throwing punches slow asf.

2. Lara( also once again, way too close to be even considered a ATG performance) Atg fighters like floyd, roy jones , ali, manny used to dominate the top opponents. Lot of people also think lara won.

3. Daniel jacobs ( Good win, but he put a rehydration limit of 170lbs, when daniel jacobs usually rehyrdates to 185. Against GGG he was 185 in fight night. GGG fought a much bigger man and knocked him down. How can you be ATG and put rehydration limits?

4. Bjs ( most fair win but bjs simply is not a fighter good enough to make canelo resume a lot better or ATG status)

\

5. Cotto= old way out of prime cotto, and couldn't Ko him with a clean right

Fight someone that the whole boxing world knows is a real threat. Sure daivd doesn't have a belt but he is clearly the biggest threat in the division . Do people really act like David doesn't exist? Do people act like in 160 a prime charlo was his mandatory , and demetirus had the final belt he needed to be undisputed. Yet he left the division beating up a old ggg.

I just want canelo to beat one elite fighter in their prime convincgly.

Edit:I came to this website , thinking there will be more reasonable fans and less biased than reddit. But this **** is even worse. Hearing people say **** like "callum smith is atg, billy joe is atg". Like this website worships canelo even more. Im out not gonna reply on this thread no more . Im out!

Last edited: May 10, 2021
    gollumsluvslave likes this.
  2. MagicE

MagicE Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 16, 2017
    And looking around there isn't even one that he can get for the foreseeable future.

Even if he stepped up and took Beterbiev and Bivol, people would just say they must have been overrated and ask who they actually beat.

I think a good fight is for him to come down to 160 and fight Spence in the Dallas Cowboys stadium

JSpizz, Ph33rknot, sasto and 2 others like this.
  3. gollumsluvslave

gollumsluvslave Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2020
    He's damned if he does though, because then it will by like GGG and Brook and he only beat a 'blown-up Welter'!

I think his best bet is maybe someone like Benavidez - beat a young talent, who then goes on to become elite - much like how Mayweather's win against Canelo keeps getting better with age. But obviously a lot of that won't really come out in the wash until years from now.

TipNom, JSpizz and Oneirokritis like this.
  4. RJJFan

RJJFan Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Beating Bivol at 175 would go a fair way to ATG status.

5. cslb

cslb Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jan 27, 2014
    Maybe if Ward got back in shape, had a couple of good wins at 168 and then fought Alvarez would he have an atg scalp. You can only beat the fighters in front of you but I remember the Mayweather, Trout, Lara and Golovkin fights. It’s hard for me to call Alvarez an atg.

6. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    He learned picking non prime opponents from Mayweather.

7. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
  8. Dodgy Syrup

Dodgy Syrup Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2019
    Can he even realistically make 160 anymore?

Would he want to?

I'd much rather see him step up to 175 and take on legit guys there.

It seems he is too strong for most at 168, though, of course, he's by no means unbeatable.

However, once he unifies at SMW I'd like to see him really strive for greatness by moving up to lightheavy.

IsaL likes this.
  9. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Kovalev- Top three LtHW KTFO
    Smith- #1 SMW Dominated, and battered
    Saunders- #2 SMW Broke his face

Its not Canelo's fault his opponents fight in survival mode.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  10. Benladdie3000

Benladdie3000 Member banned Full Member

Aug 1, 2018
    If he beats fury then he will be in the top 100 all time. Lol

sasto likes this.
  11. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    LOL sure he does bud. It's funny you say that though.

12. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Canelo fans forget that in 1 st fight Eleider vs Kovalev he beated up and stopped Kovalev very impressively.
    Canelo was not first fighter who had finished Kovalev and even Yarde managed to heavily batter him during 2 rounds.

No one cares about cards.

Okey, these Smith and Saunders had good fight records and these boxers Canelo really had won impressively.

13. floydwhittaker

Feb 1, 2021
  14. floydwhittaker

Feb 1, 2021
    Its his fault. He could have been undisputed in 160 if he had fought demetrus, but he clearly didn't want it. Like he said he was going to do. Unfiying a division with jacobs,ggg, and demetirus would have been 100x more impressive than unifying a division with caleb, callum and bjs

gollumsluvslave likes this.
  15. floydwhittaker

Feb 1, 2021
    Do people act like David beneviadez doesn't exist. He is clearly the biggest threat. Atleast fight him.

Ph33rknot likes this.