Canelo is H2H monster

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Mighty, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Agree

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Disagree

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. jauseptt

jauseptt Active Member Full Member

Sep 15, 2014
    What does H2H mean?

2. Mighty

Mighty The Gypsy King banned Full Member

Sep 17, 2021
    Ability. For instance, Vitali and Fury haven't great resumes but they could beat all HWs in the history.

jauseptt likes this.
  3. Mordechai

Mordechai Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Ggg spanked his ass twice.
    But yes, canelo with his judges and clenbuteral is h2h tough

4. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Why are you in here then? The man wants to talk Fury and Canelo... doesn't mean you have too.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  5. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    In your dreams Theodore.

Ggg was lucky to get a draw and then got pounded with Mexican style.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  6. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    H2H Floyd kicked his ass as would Leonard , Hearns, Benitez and Duran all at their best and he at his best.

7. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Taylor, Lomachenko, Spence, Teofimo, Usyk, Inoue, all get beat by a prime Canelo (25+ years old)

A Pre 25 year old Canelo is a slightly different story.

HellSpawn86 likes this.
  8. HellSpawn86

HellSpawn86 Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 6, 2007
    I do t like Canelo’s diva attitude or ped scandal, but he is clearly a p4p legend just looking at his skills. He got the benefit of the doubt against Trout and the draw against GGG. I think he beat Lara and those who claim otherwise might have to do with appreciation of style differences. He definitely beat GGG in the second fight in a highly competitive fight.

All that said I think he was always world class level, but he has definitely gone a level above since going to 168 and above. He surprised me when he pounded former 175 boogeyman Kovalev and Ring/unified champ Smith and he made it look easy. I think he is a competitive match for anyone 160-168, maybe 175.

9. Tomatron

Tomatron Member Full Member

Jul 26, 2021
    Ward from the list above, would be an extremely hard proposition for anyone head to head including Alvarez, another natural winner and a naturally bigger guy and also very tactically aware fighter.

Canelo would be very competitive against most opposition, but he’s had his share of difficult fights and a bit of luck on the way, so I wouldn’t necessarily always have him favourite against some of the best middles and super middleweight of different eras.

Exceptional fighter but the super middleweight division has been the weakest I have seen it for a good while, which made taking over that division in no time a lot easier than it would have been in years past.

10. Mordechai

Mordechai Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 18, 2008
    D u m b

11. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    He really lost to Lara & Trout plus he really lost BOTH fights with GGG in the opinion of the majority of knowledgeable boxing fans. Plus the dark clouds of peds abuse & corruption really affect his legacy too. Without them would he have ever legitimately been World Middleweight champion. I don't think so

12. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Why don't you go back to the ballet board cause you sure DKSAB do ya ROFL
    GGG OWNED Canelo !! TWICE!! but Vegas saved him