Canelo no longer enrolled in VADA's 365 testing program

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by elbonzoseco, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Oh common, you just make Canelo look worse with all this ****

lordlosh likes this.
  2. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015

So you have doubts then?

lordlosh, kriszhao and BCS8 like this.
  3. sdot_thadon

sdot_thadon Active Member Full Member

Jun 6, 2009
    I think at this point fans just want boxing to die. You get a guy that is really popular and a great fighter who's dared to be great and all we can do is find reasons to knock him down a peg. I get that some people have a hard on for Peds but it's part of competitive sports and it's likely people you truly admire did something similar before testing got to this point. I don't condone it, but at the same time I really don't care. If I'm a boxing fan the exact last thing i want to see is Canelo fail as the face of boxing.

4. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    Based on everything we know surrounding the failed test I 100% give him the benefit of the doubt.

With that said, to answer your question directly, no, but you never know, he may have for some strange reason decided to use a dangerous and not as effective drug like clenbuterol, it wouldn't make senseto use a drug like that, but you never know for sure, he did fail. Only Canelo knows 100% if he did or did not, but using a bit of logic, odds are he did not use clen.

5. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    lol You're such a lightweight. I just posted FACTS bro, and that's all you got?

6. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    You can criticize Canelo all you want, it doesn't hurt anyone. I just posted a bunch of reasons why he at the evry least deserves some benefit of the doubt, especially when many other fighters who have failed tests have received it.

7. Heavy_Hitter

Heavy_Hitter Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Which facts? The drugs that Canelo uses are crappy? Even if they are they are still illegal.

lordlosh, kriszhao and iii like this.
  8. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    The news is that he has completed a Full Year of 365 day 24/7 VADA testing, which he should be commended for. Do you clowns get that he signed a contract last summer to be VADA tested for a full year? That contract with VADA has now run it's course, comprende? That's all that happened. This whole he's not being tested by VADA now is comical.

You people are so desperate to disparage this man. How many fighters are enrolled in VADA 365 days a year like Canelo was ? VADA is typically negotiated as part of fight contracts, Canelo went the extra mile to prove he's clean after the meat contamination issue. He has proved that, and even while under 365 day 24/7 VADA testing over the last year still most of you fools continued to claim he was on something lol. So if you believed that he was juicing all this time while he was under random VADA testing (which is practically impossible) then what's the difference now ? While under 365 day testing, not only did he not fail a single drug test, but he fought 3 times over 8 months and performed spectacularly each time vs GGG, Fielding and Jacobs.

So now that his one year contract with VADA is up, he's taking a vacation. He fought 3 times over 8 months and a vacation is well deserved. You people need to grow the hell up and stop acting like petulant children. Canelo is without a doubt a clean fighter, no fighter has ever done so much to prove he's clean after an unfortunate meat contamination issue last year. There is no indication that he would refuse VADA testing in the future. He completed his year of being randomly tested, he should be applauded for the lengths he has gone to prove he was clean, instead we got clowns claiming he's been juicing this whole time and now he's refusing to be tested. It's all a bunch of BS. He completed his one year contract with VADA. End of story.

9. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Well clen - for whatever reason - was found in his blood stream. Using a bit of logic, staying on a drug testing program would make this look more like an unintentional fail. Coming off the scheme does the opposite. Because - as you say - we cannot know the facts, we're left with how he is dealing with the aftermath. This is not a good look, imho....

kriszhao likes this.
  10. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Cool...he was caught, he didn't fight after the test, immediately began a year round testing protocol, and has established himself as a clean fighter. If you disagree by all means please elaborate but I'm not sure what else you want from the guy.

11. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Dillian Whyte is the last man left in the 365 program... just him sitting in the lab bored on his phone getting tested

lordlosh and lewis gassed like this.
  12. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Mexico has a huge clenbuterol problem.
    Canelo was partying with Carlos Slim and Bill Clinton two weeks before the failed tests having dinners at Slim's estate.
    The SMRTL Lab director confirmed the values found in the test were consistent with consumption of tainted meat.
    Canelo took a hair follicle test that could detect blatant clen use for up to a year back.
    The test came out clean.

Those facts.

shadow111 likes this.
  13. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    He dealt with it better than any other fighter who tested dirty.

He almost immediately enrolled in VADA's most stringent program for a full year.

That's more than any fighter has done. Why should Canelo be treated different? Like I said, his fans will continue to give him the benefit of the doubt or give him a pass, and his haters will always find something to be critical of him.

Its what it is, and we all move on.

14. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    Canelo being enrolled in 365 day random VADA testing hasn't stopped his haters from claiming he cheated or that he was still juicing, so why would that change now that his VADA contract expired ? Canelo enrolling in VADA 365 for an entire year didn't convince his haters that it was an unintentional fail now did it. These people still believed he was on something this whole time.

15. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    He has ! He has just completed a FULL YEAR OF RANDOM DRUG TESTING !