Canelo vs BJS very close to being made

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by GK BOX, Feb 18, 2020.

1. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    He lacks discipline and motivation.

History has shown that several great fighters have underperformed because of lack of motivation and disciplined.

2. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    This fight had my attention....about 19
    months ago:bump

BJS is or once was slick but now Big Red is a Real Killing Machine.

Hanz Cholo and GK BOX like this.
  3. Forza

Forza Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 18, 2012
    boring fight

aaalbert likes this.
  4. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    If GGG couldn't stop Canelo with the shots he landed I don't see how BJS will. And if BJS can't drop or stop Canelo, he'll lose. Add to that, BJS has a negative style which is going to make it even easier to rob him since most don't care if negative styles are on the end of robberies. If you can rob a guy as offensive as GGG, what will happen to BJS?

Smith at least has the size and power to possibly hurt Canelo. The BJS fight would likely just be another depressing episode.

5. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The point is Isal that its not a given that hes going to turn up as the 'vintage' BJS.

Sometimes fighters fizzle out regardless of their age or in ring circumstances.

Sometimes their form suffering is from things like undisclosed injuries, addictions, partying, depressions, lost interest in the sport, ect.

My point is, that depending on what and why he's been in poor form lately, theres no guarantee as to what exactly he has left in the tank in regards to offering an elite performance.

Not quite sure whats so shockingly controversial about that.

6. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    They could fight in your treehouse and still you will find some random negative garbage to say just to ease the pain of seeing Golovkin get pummeled in the rematch.

IsaL likes this.
  7. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    It comes across as pessimistic, that is all.

Here we have Canelo taking on top fighters after top fighters and you and several others choose to see this from a negative perspective.

I think it's great that the face of boxing is fighting top opponents. Not many other boxing stars are doing that.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  8. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Well I think your being a bit overly positive about this fight.

Am I supposed to pretend that this is 2016 or 2017 and that BJS hasnt been a combination of inactive, sluggish and underwhelming in the last two years by the time they step into the ring?

It will be over *two years* since BJS has had a signature performance. In fact in his last fight he practically admitted directly to Canelo that now is a good time to fight him.

Ive given Canelo plenty of props for trying to fight Smith and Plant, fights Id have zero negative energy towards.... and Ive criticized them for declining. Im ok with this fight because he tried fighting them at least. Ive also said that if BJS does indeed turn up and looks sharp in there, this a top matchup... literally all Im saying is that this comes on the verge of BJS looking near his worst and that it remains to be seen if he will regain form.

If BJS is sharp and Canelo beats him... I'll give him the proper props for beating one of the top fighters around him. If BJS looks sluggish like he has been, Ill view the win accordingly.

If that provokes a response from someone, I cant help but think they are being a bit overly defensive of Canelo.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Bustajay likes this.
  9. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Truth and You know it....Stop defending a Corrupt organisation.!!!

mirkofilipovic likes this.
  10. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010
    If that's what you basing it on based on level of comp it's only like 2 or 3 fighters between 154-75 who do deserve it

11. GK BOX

GK BOX Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 23, 2015
    I’m fine with this fight
    I want to see Canelo beat him silly
    No excuses here for BJS he’s in his prime

IsaL likes this.
  12. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    True.
    Looked like **** in his last 2, compared to some of his better performances.

13. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I think a Canelo fight would motivate BJS to show up in top shape. I predict Canelo to add yet another very close decision to his resume.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    IsaL likes this.
  14. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Well he can put a gun to Plant's or Smith's head a force them to fight him.

So in your opinion who should he be fighting next?

Also, another thing you should consider is that not many fighters will look sharp against Canelo.

Most fighters who fight Canelo significantly change their styles to ensure they see the final bell. Lara, Cotto, JCCJr, Golovkin both times, Jacobs, and Kovalev all decided to take a safety approach when fighting Canelo, they all looked much less impressive and took significantly less risks than against other top opponents they fought.

I'm not going to fault Canelo if other fighters are afraid of losing to him. If BJS is the only fighter with the cojones to get in the ring with Canelo so be it, it's still interesting and I gave Canelo nothing but credit for making this fight.

15. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Even Abel Sanchez said Canelo deserved the win, but these dudes are like; "No, there is no way you can justify Canelo winning, my therapist said I'm right." Lol

Scar likes this.