Canelo vs Saunders likely for May

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoxingDialogue, Jan 28, 2021.

1. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Credit if Clenelo win. Unless there's some back door shenanigans like a rehydration clause.

2. sparta

sparta Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Years of ****ing around will catch up with saunders in this fight, late stoppage canelo, you can run but you cant hide billy.

3. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 31, 2018
    What happened last few times Canelo fought slick southpaws with good movement?
    Canelo is very good at subtlety edging his way into range by constantly backing you up and he will do these moves to get himself closer without you realising like leaning forward then coming up through the middle with a fast surprising jab or left hook and Canelo’s jab is very distracting because you expect hooks or overhand right from a smaller fighter, but Canelo will come up with surprising catch you off guard jabs and he will land them often and then you don’t know what to expect the jab or the left hook and he does all this whilst cutting off the ring and breaking you down and of course he goes to the body as well, but I don’t think these things will necessarily work against Saunders because the jab doesn’t tend to work against southpaws and Canelo does struggle with them, he will overreach with ring hands and not use the jab and he doesn’t cut of the ring against them like how he normally does, he just seemingly follows them around the ring at a slow pace and that will be a terrible tactic against Saunders
    This will probably be a boring fight with whoever has the right tactics will win

Loudon and UniversalPart like this.
  4. sparta

sparta Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 4, 2008
    They dont get any slicker than lara and trout, canelo was a pup then, much better fighter today, Late stoppage canelo.

5. Quina74

Quina74 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 25, 2019
    I bet this will be a really dodgy fight like the Kovalev one. A corrupt ginger Mexican and gypsy... Recipe for some blatant match fixing... Incoming sparring session where BJS throws jabs just out of Canelo's range whilst Canelo punches BJS elbows and arms. Fight is scored 120-108 for Canelo's "power punching" and "volume" .

Why are all the casuals/Canelo fanboys ignoring the fact BJS was his best at 160. He's looked quite shite at 168 tbh

6. Devon

Devon Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 31, 2018
    And he hasn’t had any southpaw expierience since, simply fighting someone who stands in a different position can a make a huge difference, the only time Canelo looked good against a southpaw was Kirkland and he was hardly even world level and was not by any means slick or had good movement, he gave Canelo combination punching opportunities on a plate.
    Yes Canelo is a better fighter now, but there is no reason he would be any better against a southpaw than he was against Lara or Trout, the technical things what Canelo has learned aren’t thing that work well against southpaws

7. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    This fight should have happen years ago at 160 where I favored BJS. At this point, I favor Canelo.

Badbot likes this.
  8. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
  9. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    What?

10. UniversalPart

UniversalPart Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Saunders wont throw the fight like Kovalev did. If he loses then he gets either smashed or on the cards. If he threw the fight he would disappear and his community would ex-communicate him.

They take this stuff seriously.

11. iseah10001

iseah10001 Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2015
    First of all, chill. Second, Saunders has been at 168 for 4 fights now and 3 years. He was 29 when he moved up and beat the number one ranked fighter for the WBO belt. If he hasn’t looked good it’s cause he’s not that skilled, not cause of the weight lol.

it’s already set. Unless Saunders backs out, it’s happening.

People have been saying for the last two years Saunders could pose some real issues for him. He has a belt. Canelo is clearly targeting the belts.

12. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Can someone explain to me why the people crying when there's a rehydration clause in place are the same people who are typically crying about "weight bullies" and large weight cuts in general?

13. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Because most people here are hypocrites.

Richmondpete likes this.
  14. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Is this a Sick Joke? @Pakkuman

15. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Canelo breaks down and stops BJS.