Carl Frampton moving up to Super Feather......???

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Bensub, May 14, 2017.

1. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Rumours around that Carl Frampton is moving up again to 130lbs??

He has benn placed number 2 in the WBA already!

IMO too small for the weight?? Is this to make history or financial reasons??

The champions at 130 include Miguel Berchelt, Gervonta Davis, Vasyl Lomachenko and Jezreel Corrales.

2. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    He loses to all the champs, too small for the weight.

3. Momus

Momus Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    At this stage of his career, and with the profile he has built up, I don't see much point in Frampton playing the alphabet game to pick up titles.

If he's moving up to 130, he has to be looking at Lomachenko, which looks to be a step (or more) too far. Berchelt and Corrales are high-risk, low-reward fights. Davis may build a name for himself in the next year or two, but at this point he probably falls into the same category.

It's hard to believe that Frampton can't make 126, and he will have physical disadvantages against the best in the division. When I think of junior lightweights, it's guys like Arguello, Chavez and Mayweather, who aren't what you would consider "small" people. Frampton looked small next to Quigg, never mind someone like Berchelt who looks like a light-welter.

4. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    He may not be able to get any of the 126 champions to Belfast which is where he wants to fight next. I'm sure he wants a big fight for his fans in Belfast.

If he gets an opportunity to become a three weight world champion in Belfast it would be a huge sell. Then he could move back down for LSC 3 in the states or bring Leo could go up to super featherweight.

5. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Too small, gets smashed up at that weight.

6. Kokiri

Kokiri Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Only he knows how easily he makes featherweight. He doesnt strike me as a person who is struggling at the weight but who knows.

However he looks too small for a super, and that is a division with some scary fighters at the top. If he is moving up i hope he is doing so because he genuinely cant make feather, rather than doing it because he lost his last fight so feels he needs a 'change'. The fighters who do the latter tend to not do so good (see Cleverly).

7. Two Shakes

Two Shakes Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2008
    He caught LSC at the lowest point of his career in the first fight. Personal issues and a bad camp hindered LSC mentally and physically.

Frampton and his team got distracted by their own arrogance and lack of respect for LSC. They were looking past the outcome of the second fight, and the wee fella is on record predicting that Frampton would stop LSC in the rematch Oop's. The real LSC turned up for the second fight and boxed his head off.

I can see Frampton and Co eating their words and would not be in the least bit surprised if they tried to get Quigg back in the ring.

At SFW Frampton will get ragged.

8. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009