Carl Johanesson vs Leva Kirakosyan

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by achillesthegreat, Jul 2, 2007.

1. jc

jc Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 9, 2004
    That Armenian is strong as a Ox. Id def watch him again.

I think this fight was a simple matter of level and the Armenian is a just a level above and johansen is now a proven solid, British title level fighter, nothing more.

Carl showed heart but every shot was shaking him to his boots.

2. The Machine

The Machine New Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2006
    Yeah Carl sure has guts. Perhaps European level too high for him, or maybe it was just that this guy has his number. We shall see, as I doubt that is the end for Johansson.

3. GazOC

GazOC Guest Star for Team Taff Full Member

Jan 7, 2005
    I think the opponent as VERY good for a European champ. If he moves up to world level maybe Johansen can step up?

4. unitas

unitas Boxing Addict Full Member

May 12, 2007
  5. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    It just wasn't meant to be. Unless this Leva guy suddenly becomes a legend I think Carl is stuck on the domestic scene.

6. Smith

Smith Monzon-like Full Member

Mar 8, 2007
  7. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Boris Christoff Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    This my friends, is a prime example of a fighter with chin problems!:lol:

8. duran83

duran83 Member Full Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Femintola was he balls the next big thing? Who told you that?

9. duran83

duran83 Member Full Member

Jun 27, 2007
    Firstly mate he's nearly 29 hes not that young, secondly Kirakosyan would of struggled later? What fight were you watching? Everytime he hit Carl it looked like he was going to fold, that was a case of two fighters in different leagues.

10. dwilson

dwilson Guest

It was a great atmosphere at the fight last with a very solid undercrd, all terrific scraps from local fighters, very entertaining from start to finish. Frank Maloney must be commended for it.

Fewkes vs Tonchv was a good little fight withe Fewkes showing he can step up in class even though he does not seem to have a big punch he could go onto better things at british level down the line.

Ajejtovic vs Maxwell was worth waiting for (anyone s the first fight awhile back which was one of the fights of the year so far at domestic level). Ajetovic is classy nd will be fighting for british titles at some point.

Carl Johanneson and his team were caught cold by a fighter that had thier number. How man times do you see a rematch where the loserof the prevous fight (especially if it had ended early) just try and see out thefirs few rounds?
    He went out with atotally different game plan to the one he usualy does and got destroyed. I really like Carl but that was his best opportunity and he blew it b been too defensive against fighter who came traight out of the blocks. After a couple of early body shots that aught carl cold and hard you could see it was not going to last long. Great guts to keep getting back up, i rate his chin because he took som severe punishment and kept on trying till he was kod unconcious.

11. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Johansson was exposed last night- he would never have beaten that guy in a million years and they were mental (though admirable) for chasing the rematch. The first time I got a look at the moments that lead up to the knockout in the first fight I knew Johansson was going to get beat. The guy is Carls perfect foil in the sense he has blazing speed and disguises which punch he is going to throw next very well. Couple that with Carls leaky defence and you have a blueprint for disaster.

Its pretty safe to say Alex Arthur would have annihilated him in a couple of rounds.

The fight itself was thoroughly one sided but enjoyable and I was rooting for CJ and he did seem to be getting a foothold after the second knockdown. But in the end class told.

12. LeedsLad

LeedsLad Active Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Damn that was **** man:huh Kirakosyan was just too strong and too fast for Carl, To me Johannesson just looked **** scared of Kirakosyan. I think Johannesson is strictly a domestic level fighter unfortunately, he doesnt have a great chin.

Id definetly watch the Armenian again, he looked damn good.

13. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Me too! He picks his shots beautifully i'm actually quite suprised Gomez beat him. :good

14. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Didn't he say he only trained for 6 rounds against Gomez?

15. LeedsLad

LeedsLad Active Member Full Member

Apr 11, 2007
    I dunno if he trained for 6 rounds or what, but i think it was said he wasnt very well prepared at all for that fight.