Charles Martin vs Gerald Washington

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Veys9, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Veys9

Veys9 Let's go Champ! Full Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Seriously, what do you make of this fight and is either of them worth watching the fight? I think Martin will win the fight via decision, but I don't see him ever getting among the top fighters again. His loss to Joshua showed that long ago in ridiculous manner. He is a former Heavyweight Champion after all, but remains more an evidence of what the division was like few years ago. Martin said he was aiming at a rematch with Joshua one day in the future.

POTUS likes this.
  2. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Evenly matched c level fight. @Mitch87 this would be the most exciting fight of the night for you wouldn't it where the winner would climb above Wilder and Fury in the rankings due to having better resumes then the two main eventers?

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  3. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    I wouldnt have Fury in my rankings untill he beats his first top 40 opponent in over 4 years. In a similar fashion i wouldnt put Usyk in my top 10 rankings untill he beats a legit HW (although I would back him to beat any HW in the divison).

Beating Washington certianly wouldnt put Martin above Wilder in rankings. Why would it? Although I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Martin beating Washington in a more impressive manor than Wilder did and not losing rounds like Wilder did too.

I'd favour Martin to beat Washington going on their fights with rh Kownacki. Martin was unlucky not to win and had it been 12 round I think he would of as he was finishing the fight very strongly and won second half if the fight. Washington on the other was made short work of by Kownacki.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  4. BoJangles

BoJangles Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Martin had Steamrolled Bums leading up to his Title Shot against Joshua and he showed up for the payday, got hit with nothing and sat on the canvas disinterested, probably counting the money in his head left over after taxes for a couple minutes of work...

Kownacki beat both these guys... Easily beat Martin and destroyed Washington... Joshua would never fight Kownacki because you hit him and he fires back even when he's Morbidly Obese like he was against Martin and Washington!
    This content is protected

Martin should destroy Washington but the Kownacki fight was the first time we saw Martin hungry to win, he layed down against Joshua and fought nothing but bums before that... Some of his opponents were literally Full-Time Janitors and Cable TV Installer's!!

POTUS likes this.
  5. BoJangles

Apr 27, 2013
    If Kownacki truely wants a title shot he needs to take a dive in a fight or look really bad in a fight because if he keeps defeating all the guys that Joshua and Wilder have been giving Title Shots to he'll never get a shot!! Like how Arreola destroyed Eric Molina in 1 round and Molina was rewarded for getting KTFO in 1 by being given Title Shots against Wilder and Joshua!!!

6. BoJangles

Apr 27, 2013
    Hilarious how Brits would pack a stadium to watch Joshua dance around with Molina... a guy Arreola destroyed in 1 round!!

MorvidusStyle and Inglis_1 like this.
  7. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Losing the last 4 rounds decisively of a 10 round fight isn't what I'd call "easily."

Wizbit1013, northpaw, Frankus and 4 others like this.
  8. BoJangles

Apr 27, 2013
    I gave em' to COWnacki!!

9. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Well you would be wrong.

10. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Martin UD and by doing so just manages to cling to relevancy at HW.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  11. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Actually quite into this fight. Pretty well matched

RE Martin-Kownacki, I thought Kownacki won pretty comfortably too, though I wouldn't use the word 'easily' specifically.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  12. piprules

piprules Active Member Full Member

May 11, 2019
    I think Washington was not ready for Miller, wilder. He has beaten some decent journeyman. He could upset Martin in this fight.

heerko koois likes this.
  13. BoJangles

Apr 27, 2013
    Washington looked like a full-time Taxi Driver/part-time Boxer in getting KTFO by COWnacki...

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  14. Limerickbox

Limerickbox Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 18, 2015
    Gonna wait to see how Martin comes in on the scale.

If hes in shape, I think he has too much for Washington.

Washington is basically a big, tough, in shape guy.

Doesnt have noticable power, or skills.

Martin is actually an ok fighter when dedicated.

15. Eggman

Eggman "The cream of the crop! Nobody does it better! Full Member

Dec 2, 2015
    well what rankings are you going off?

boxrec????

Inglis_1 likes this.