Chris Eubank Jr vs Arthur Abraham

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by yesihavearm2, Jun 1, 2017.

1. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    This would be a great fight. Abraham is a bit past it and you can't consider him world level anymore, but he still presents an excellent test for CEJ.

I expect JR to win by UD, but the most interesting part will be seeing if he can hurt Abraham who will surely still be rock solid.

2. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Didn't Murray rock Abraham in their fight? His resistance might not be what it used to be.

Oneirokritis and N17 like this.
  3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Murray isn't feather fisted, his KO/TKO % is a reflection of his frustrating lack of assertiveness when an opportunity presents itself (like when he rocked AA) and unwillingness to let his hands go.

N17 likes this.
  4. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Yeah, that's true enough

5. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Be an interesting fight, weirdly be at SMW when both better at MW. AA obviously passed it but be shocked if CEJ stops him. CEJ has advantage on fitness but both take big breaks off in rounds, would slightly favour CEJ on points but could be wrong, would not surprise me. One thing AA has a much better jab that could slow CEJ down badly

Twentyman likes this.
  6. caspa

caspa Member Full Member

Oct 10, 2015
    That's a decent fight, but will it happen? Abraham is a mandatory challenger to WBO belt (which belongs to Ramirez). Instead of fighting him again he'd go for IBO belt? Does Eubank (after first dreadful PPV) bring this much to the table? Hmm...

Still - it's a good fight for CEJ, Abraham would be his biggest win. I think this will be a clear cut UD for Chris.

7. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    It means hes past it and thats why jnr wants it. Still dangerous for a fighter of jnr's level. He ****s eubank up prime

8. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Why hasn't this fight been officially announced?

I hope Jr isn't trying to get Degale and having Abe as his 2nd choice.

Degale will just stall it out and Abe might just find another option.
    Better to take the guaranteed fight that's on the table and beating Abe legitimizes his IBO strap a bit more IMO.

Take this fight and let Degale sit on the couch for the rest of the year.

9. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    The fickleness of fans these days

I have seen it a lot, not really in this thread mind you.

Apparently Jr hasn't done enough to earn a REAL world title fight, but fighting a recent multiple time and long reigning world champ is still a bum fight, ffs I have to laugh at these clowns.

10. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Good step up for Eubank if this fight happens, I would pick Eubank to win by UD, no way can he stop AA as he lacks power at 168.

I wonder if this fight could be part of the Muhammad Ali tournament @ 168?

CutThroatFade likes this.
  11. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Will most likely be too competitive for Eubank to consider signing for.

Unless the tournament happens to be filled with Renald Quinlans, and Tom Doran's.

Pez and kevinreid001 like this.
  12. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    James jr hasn't done enough merit a world shot cmon Ano u a fan but he beat quinlan (who) for a cereal box title. A have said u in other thread he should be stepping up competition and. Also mention aa as a step up and that's exactly that only a step up and a good one. It's a fight jr should win aa has lost 5 now was far in prime at middleweight and doesn't have power stop jr so jr should easily win points outwork hin butif he does take fight and win al praise him as its step up right direction and be honest it should be if he loses tho wher he'll he go

13. rayrobinson

rayrobinson Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 8, 2009
    I take is Snr wants it to be PPV and a grand for ringside ??

14. On_The_Ropes

On_The_Ropes Active Member Full Member

Jan 3, 2016
    If the Eubanks can swindle the Quinlan fight as ITV PPV worthy then I have no doubt this will be another ITV PPV.

15. Bax183

Bax183 Member Full Member

May 21, 2017
    If it is on PPV, unless it has a great undercard, I will not be buying it. Nothing wrong with the fight itself, and a big step in the right direction after the Quinlan PPV (which I didn't buy, who did?) but there's going to be quite a few PPV's before the end of this year that I would buy ahead of this one.

kevinreid001 likes this.