Colin Lynes vs. Young Mutley

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Amsterdam, Jul 16, 2007.

1. jc

jc Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 9, 2004
    Greta performance by Colin Lynes, he has definately improved, he made Mutley look slow and lack luster from round 1, though i dont think L Welter help YM at all.

Is anyone else wondering how Colin Lynes would do against Mbaye? He seems like a much more apropriate challenger right now than Gavin Rees...

2. edster

edster Member Full Member

Feb 6, 2007
    He has a much better chance than Rees who will be used as target practice by Mbaye - dont think Lynes will be as predictable and as easy to catch, Maybe Lynes can go furher than some expected - thats two solid wins against quality opponents in Morrison and Mutley

3. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Watch Olu post with how Lynes will duck Ajose.

4. nulty

nulty Guest

I recorded it and have just watched it. I was very impressed with Lynes, worked his jab perfectly. The guy's on a roll, considering his dads illness must be praying on his mind (but he's clearly using that in the right way). I think he has a degree of self confidence that he has been lacking.

5. Dunky McCafferty

Dunky McCafferty Boxing Junkie banned

Aug 24, 2004
    I hate to gloat guys(well I dont really;) ) but I picked Lynes to win on another thread here, although I did say by comfortable UD.

However, I have to agree with those in the studio who said Mutley looked weight drained, Mutley was slower than usual & was being shaken by body shots that werent brutal.

Mutleys way too big for light-welter, & it showed. Credit to Lynes though, as hes a genuine good guy.

Now all of a sudden after Lynes recent wins, it actually tells us that Witters scrappy win over lynes was actually a good win! If I remember correctly the Hatton fans slaughtered Witter for not stopping Lynes. Now, you have to say that Witter has another good name on his record:deal

6. nulty

nulty Guest

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing a Lynes Witter rematch. It'll never happen, but from memory I only gave the fight to witter by 2 or 3 points and imo that was against a lesser version than the Colin Lynes who is operating now. Give me **** for that opinion if you want to.

7. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    Give you ****? Nah, not at all. It was a close fight, & to be honest a pretty poor one! I would hate to see that rematch made for that reason alone, in fact I must be honest I hate watching Lynes, his style bores me, reminds me too much of Winky Wright! But thats neither here nor there.

Nulty, I was wondering if Hatton was there with a view to taking on the winner of this fight for his much publicised 'homecoming' bout? I couldnt help but feel he was:think

8. nulty

nulty Guest

I can't see that happening, HBO wouldn't go for it, he was there as he was working Macklins corner on the undercard.

9. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    aah. cheers for the info my man. I was watching it in my mates house so I didnt hang around for the Macklin fight, had to get home to cover up the damn budgies(honest!) They make a right racket, & if they arent covered up for 10pm they get cranky aswell & they will make sure the neighbours through the wall get **** all sleep... & as everyone was out for the night it was up to me to get back & throw the cover on! But I got back for about midnight'ish, so I will have to give them a long lie in tomorrow:D

Still though, I think Hatton would have been eyeing a matchup with Mutley until he got done... but its just a gut feeling!

10. nulty

nulty Guest

I disagree. I mean either would a joke fight, never accepted by TV. Even if Muttley won tonight people would say so what he beat a guy who Hatton destroyed in a round in the amateurs. As it is Lynes is on a roll but if Ricky took the fight now he'd be ridiculed.

11. Dunky McCafferty

Aug 24, 2004
    As I say Nulty, I am just speculating! Hattons got to fight someone next, & as it wont be Mayweather or Witter, its going to be Malignaggi or someone from these shores I imagine.

12. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Max

First things first. I watched the fight last night and thought Lynes was excellent. This is the best I have seen him. I was expecting Young Muttley to stop him but Lynes was outstanding. I give credit where it is due.

As for him ducking Ajose it is fact because we have signed contracts to fight him in the past for him to pull out a couple of days before the contest. When Ajose knocked out Ali Nuumbembee please remember Lynes was the original opponent who pulled out after Ted Bami previously pulled out. I think Lynes and Muttley are particularly nice guys which lots of boxers are.

I thought Lynes performance against Lenny Daws last year was pathethic however I like the way he fought yesterday and his confidence and Ajose as well was pleased with Lynes performance.

We hope with his increased confidence and improved performances of late that he is ready to step with Ajose. We know what we will do to him but want to congratulate him for his performances which again was excellent.

A match with Ajose and LYNES will mean a lot as you would have the current African Boxing Union and Commonwealth champion taking on the current British and European champion.

The question is come on Colin Son step up and take on the shark of the division you deserve it.

Some will say Muttley was dead at the weight however let no excuses be made certainly not after a loss. To the victor the spoils.

Again Colin well done. Never let it be said that I don't give credit where it is due

13. UndisputedUK

UndisputedUK Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 20, 2006
    I'm a little sad that Mutley didn't win, he looked out of sorts and didn't really get a chance to get started.

A really great, commanding performance from Colin Lynes. I'm very impressed with Lynes I have to say.

14. Jack Dempsey

Jack Dempsey Legend Full Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Well down Colin, great performance and seems like a genuinely nice guy too

15. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Wow Lynes schooled Muttly then downed him. That was one very one sided fight. Muttly has to move back to welter because his performance was a joke. Lynes is in a different class to him. I like Muttly but his performance was way below par.

Looking forward to seeing Lynes and Ajose. Lynes is making it hard for me to pick a winner on recent performances but i still favour Ajose but maybe on a split.