Complete beginners guide to a boxing routine

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Relentless, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Peter_McNeeley

Peter_McNeeley New Member Full Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Thanks for breaking this down. It's a great start.

My only question is what do you do for breaks for the strength training? Is the goal to do one set all the way through of pushups, pullups, diamond pushups, wide pushups, chinups and mountain climbers. Take a break (insert time), then do it all over again?

2. MRCOLES

MRCOLES New Member Full Member

Oct 30, 2013
    why is do some information say mention that the HEAVY bag should be half your body weight.......I read many times that the bag should be exactly the same as your own weight..........then i read many times that a lot boxers have used 300 lb bags about 50- to about 150 pounds above there own weight . can somebody explain this please?

3. VanSparring

VanSparring New Member Full Member

Jan 8, 2014
    There is a new website for amateur and professional fighters looking for sparring partners. This is a great tool to use to build a sparring network. Please check it out abd let me know what you think. You can join for less than $1 with promo code VanSparr. Join now while the prices are low.

4. copperdagger

copperdagger New Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2014
    how long would a routine like this take to work into.

5. ashfaqfsd01

ashfaqfsd01 New Member Full Member

Sep 24, 2014
    plz compleate your traning

6. ashfaqfsd01

ashfaqfsd01 New Member Full Member

Sep 24, 2014
  7. GGDFAN86

GGDFAN86 GGDFAN86 Full Member

Dec 22, 2014
    Not sure if this is still being manned or if the writer is still checking the page, but I have registered and would love access to the link to get more in depth information, but it keeps telling me to register, even though I already am. Any help is appreciated. GREAT article, well explained, and very helpful.

8. Joygernaut

Joygernaut Jammer/Blocker Full Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Thanks!! I'm new to boxing training and this helps so so much!!

9. HiGuis

HiGuis New Member Full Member

Jul 14, 2016
    Solid program.

But I don't see a complete novice going from exercising 3-5 hours a week to 12+ hours.

I think beginners should just focus on making going to the gym a habit first.