Complete beginners guide to a boxing routine

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by Relentless, Jun 17, 2007.

1. taotech

taotech New Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Hello Dear Friend,:deal

How are you today I want to add you as new friend i am a Boxer too hope i will hear from you soon bye.:happy

2. ElGalloNegro

ElGalloNegro Member Full Member

Aug 31, 2010
    I had my first boxing lesson on Friday and it was really good. I felt energetic rather than tired aftr it all. I saw some of the videos of you guys training and it's very inspiring. I am way behind.

3. Scoob

Scoob New Member Full Member

Oct 30, 2010
    This workout looks beastly! but I'm gonna bookmark this and get to it when as I'm physically able.

4. RedBeserker75

RedBeserker75 New Member Full Member

Feb 26, 2011
    This is a mega work-out, I've tweaked it a bit to add a few core strength exercises but it's a great feeling when you know you pushed yourself. Makes me feel young again... Well almost! Thanks

5. MrAwesome

MrAwesome Member Full Member

Sep 20, 2010
    I'm going to start training this within the next months. I'm 12.5 stone and about 6ft. so I'll be looking to cut that as at this point it's pretty much fat lol (we always jolly huh? :p). I imagine I'm not going to complete half of it at first but ill give it a go haha. I might have to get some replacements though, such as having no where to do chinups or pull ups from and stuff. Also can a speedbag go in place or anything here? I'm more looking to get in shape with the possibility of boxing above boxing as a priority but I couldnt do the fitness stuff, it'd have to be boxing work out. Ill be back when I get everything together.

6. boxingking770

boxingking770 New Member Full Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Very good post, man. I like this workout, but for a beginner it's a little much. I've been on and off training for about 6 months now and after going through
    one of the workouts I was pretty worn, lol. Either it's tough for beginners or I haven't been working out hard enough lol

Anyways, good stuff... I'm gonna try and discipline myself to a system and stick with it, I've been inconsistent in the past until I realized lately I want to pursue boxing 100 % .

7. PESTFROMWEST

PESTFROMWEST Member Full Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Just read through the whole post ..... Excellent, I'm off on my hols next week a quiet one and will trying to follow the routine.

+ne question do I base it on training twice a day or all in one session???

8. vytKO1.618

vytKO1.618 New Member Full Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Insightful thread with some mad videos and interesting posts.
    Thanks!

9. Samurai's Slice

Samurai's Slice ESB Legend Full Member

Jun 27, 2011
  10. joe_mason

joe_mason New Member Full Member

Sep 21, 2011
    A really good read. I have been boxing for 3 months and worked very hard. Improvements are very noticeable in stamina, body definition and overall fitness. 3 minutes of sparring seemed almost impossible in the first month, but after being strict on my diet and putting a lot of work into jogging and skipping I've found I have much more in the tank. Strengthening my legs were essential also.

11. TubbyTockley

TubbyTockley Guest

Whilst he's undeniably attracted to man eggs, this pugilist was recommended to me. Should I heed his advice? If I can arrive at the immense fighting skill of either of these warriors, I would consider myself ready for not only competition, but bare-knuckle street fighting for money.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTQp6IIbj34"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTQp6IIbj34[/ame]

Further I should add - this prodigy was a student of none other than "Dragon" Todd Weeks:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vh7Svd7Mblk[/ame]

12. The Spider

The Spider Guest

Serious question Tubby. We've seen trainers slap their fighter's faces prior to fights and between rounds in an effort to switch them on. Can you see benefits in trainers perhaps using bum slapping prior to fights and between rounds as an alternative?

13. PityTheFool

PityTheFool Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Anyone help with these links?

14. christos

christos New Member Full Member

Jan 21, 2011
    where i can fit the strength workout ?i work so i have time only at night.

15. masterold

masterold Active Member Full Member

May 8, 2009
    Good thread. Are the exercises in the routines on the first page done as a whole set (like a ton up) with a rest then repeat or rest after a set of each single exercise?