Conor McGregor acting a fool again

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Jul 7, 2021.

1. Apone

Apone New Member Full Member

Jan 9, 2020
    His bravado/mouth has made him money-no doubt about that-but he's behavior and/or psyche has also taken a turn for the worse in the past few years. From threats to arrests to delusional/dark comments and antics that would give Charlie Zelenoff a run for his money; I think he's got early symptoms of CTE. Obviously you can only diagnoses it postmortem via brain tissue analysis but he's not the same fighter let alone the same person. It ain't the money or the money swag; Floyd has both but you don't see him beating up the elderly like McGregor. I like the McGregor that was 7-8 years ago-the new one is hard to like or comprehend.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2021
  2. richdanahuff

richdanahuff Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 12, 2013
    Yes he quits when the fights get hard and he is losing.....you are wrong the fame simply exposed what he always was..I would bet he was always this way before the cameras followed him

3. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    When did he quit?

4. richdanahuff

Oct 12, 2013
    He quit against Diaz, Nurmogamedov and Poirer the first fight he would have IMO quit in this fight had it got into the 2nd rd....fighters like him quit when the going gets tough and he doesnt think he can win....he quits trying

Francis75 likes this.
  5. Tug Wilson Tactics

Tug Wilson Tactics Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2021
    I don't think Conor really had much of a choice in the matter, considering that the ref was pulling him off Poirier.

Badbot likes this.
  6. richdanahuff

Oct 12, 2013
    You mean Poirer off McGregor.....he quits in fights when things arent going his way...whether he taps or quits trying to win quitting is quitting. Rocky Marciano never quit trying even when getting beaten that is a warrior. McGregor is a bully when things goes his way he gets cocky etc....but when it comes to fighting through adversity he is a coward he likes losing with an explanation so he can disguise his lack of heart. Ways to quit fights are tapping, quitting outright, quit trying etc....its like when Tyson lost the second fight with Holyfield he fouled out he knew he couldnt win so he found a way out

7. Tug Wilson Tactics

Jul 7, 2021
    Not really, no. If we're talking about the first fight as you said.
    This content is protected

Badbot likes this.
  8. richdanahuff

Oct 12, 2013
    Sorry I meant the 2nd fight but clearly you must see the difference in his resilience to getting owned vs things are going his way. You cant be very experienced with fighters to not recognize heart vs quitting. Poirer has done 2 open heart surgeries on McGregor same as Khabib abd Diaz

9. Tug Wilson Tactics

Jul 7, 2021
    There isn't a fighter out there that's more in need of a sport's psychologist than Conor is, but not for the reasons you've given other than the first Diaz fight. In the other matchups, you're just delegitimatizing the performances of Khabib and Dustin by framing Conor as a chickenhearted Galota-esque bum.

I'm actually very curious to see how you would have personally dealt with the ending sequence of the Khabib fight had you been in Conor's position. He didn't roll over like he did in the first Diaz fight, but lost position and tried his best to scramble to the fence as Khabib was sinking his hooks in. I don't know a single person who would go out on his shield and let another man break his neck and paralyze him with a neckcrank.

Either way, I'm looking forward to the 4th Poirier fight where Conor breaks out the Plaster of Paris.

Badbot likes this.
  10. richdanahuff

Oct 12, 2013
    I dont see how pointing out McGregors weakness delegitimizes those who beat him...they didnt quit they overcame adversity in their fights without question Conor cannot say the same regardless of how technical his fans excuses are......others have been beaten but real champions deal with adversity and go out on their shields or come back and win. If tge Diaz bros had the talent of CM they would have been unbeatable. CM fans are as close to cultish as Tyson fans were.

You can make excuses for why Conor shuts down and quits under adversity the fact is he does and his cult of personality has fans excusing his shutting down and quitting......it doesnt matter great fighters give it their all even when the chips are down

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  11. ETM

ETM I thought I did enough to win. Full Member

Mar 19, 2012
    This McGregor kid got the right stuff. If he can continue to teach the kids what to do...he could one day approach the greeseball himself..
    He could be one of Vinny Pazienza Turds..

12. Tug Wilson Tactics

Jul 7, 2021
    I'm not a fan of his, nor am I under the impression that he's a great fighter. I just think that breaking it down to such a fundamentally simple level by saying that he's a quitter just shows that you don't really understand what you're watching. I believe that for the most part Conor goes into fights so hyper-focused on one particular aspect of MMA instead of the whole picture that he makes unfathomably stupid technical errors that get him into a whole world of trouble. Moments like getting dropped by Khabib for focusing entirely on being taken down, or forgetting how to throw a leg kick properly against Dustin over the weekend.

Someone that obviously has the referee paid off to such a degree that he can get away with a litany of egregious fouls doesn't really need to quit or give up.

Badbot likes this.
  13. richdanahuff

Oct 12, 2013
    I probably have forgotten more than most know about fighting...great fighters dont need ridiculously detailed excuses such as Khabkbs neck crank situation is a valid reason to quit....what you are doing is the same defense that Tommy Morrison fans used to defend his losses....if he had done this or that or if it wasnt for this or that.....here you go I will help had Poirer not been better than McGregor, if Poirer didnt low kick him so hard or if Khabib had not been a good wrestler CM would have won. CM is a con with skills but if he has to walk through fire to win forget about it

14. Tug Wilson Tactics

Jul 7, 2021
    I'm not defending his losses. He lost because he sucks and his competition is miles ahead of him in every way imaginable. However, your insistence that he would have given up in the third fight had it went past the first round shows me that you aren't being objective in the slightest. If he was actively pursuing a way out then he wouldn't have been on the canvas trying to put his leg back together while screaming at the attending physicians trying to touch him.

Badbot and Brixton Bomber like this.
  15. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Ignore him, he knows nothing about MMA.

Every comparison with an injury is met with an example of a Boxer. He's clueless.

Tug Wilson Tactics and Badbot like this.