Could Anthony Joshua beat Tyson Fury

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by sppedboy22, Aug 1, 2020.

1. sppedboy22

sppedboy22 Member Full Member

Jun 25, 2020
    Or is Tyson Fury leagues ahead of the division

2. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    He could because everyone can be beat.

But i just don't see how he can do it.

3. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
  4. Boxing2019

Boxing2019 If you want peace, prepare war. Full Member

Jul 22, 2019
    Sure. Probably hes the only one who has so many chances to beat Fury.

5. KernowWarrior

KernowWarrior Bob Fitzsimmons much bigger brother. Full Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Joshua loses everytime against a fully focused, fully fit Tyson, barring a freak incident/accident.

If Fury not in shape physically and/or mentally then yes AJ could beat Fury.

However i see Fury as a big show performer, the big stage motivates him, and facing AJ would be a big event.

AdamT and ideafix12 like this.
  6. miniq

miniq Tyson Fury Undisputed HW Champion 18/5/24 banned Full Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Is he born from his mother?

yes?

then no.

AJ hasn't got what it takes to beat Tyson Fury. I think he's got the right attitude but that will fall apart after a couple of rounds.

Alexandr Usyk is the only one with a chance IF he shows he can physically keep a big heavyweight off him with either his footwork or clinching ability. Then he just has to overcome the boxing challenge. I think Fury recognizes that also.

Fury and AJ will be a fun fight if AJ makes the adjustment of going after Fury when he realizes he can't outbox him. Then it's just a case of when he gases and it's over. AJ might be too smart for his own good if he doesn't try to engage Fury like he did when he fought Whyte, although he shouldn't have engaged Whyte when he could have beat him off a jab.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020
  7. Noel857

Noel857 I Am Duran Full Member

Mar 24, 2019
    Looking forward to the day Joshua shows everyone that Fury is vastly overrated

RB1702 and Badbot like this.
  8. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Could he? Yes of course with his size and power as well as his mental fortitude I don't think you can ever really right Joshua out of any fight.

Will he? Probably not, I think Fury at his best is stylistically problematic for Joshua. Even before Joshua lost to Ruiz I thought Fury was a tough style match up for him. Fury will out box him and so Joshua will need to press and force the pace and we all know stamina isn't one of Joshua's strengths. He has a punchers chance but he'll likely get out boxed and lose a decision.

AdamT likes this.
  9. fistsof steel

fistsof steel Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 13, 2010
    Anyone in the Top 5 of this ordinary lot has a punchers chance......Yes.!!!

Jackomano likes this.
  10. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    He could, but I think Fury walks in with every advantage.

If you look at Fury's series against Wilder, perceived as another big three guy, against Joshua's series against Ruiz, who was completely unheralded coming in, I think we see the clear difference. Fury put his demons behind him and rose to knew heights. Joshua finished with a win over someone he should have beat in the first place, but was fighting in a style that was tentative, and unbecoming of him.

I think they both walk in trying to figure out which style to use, but Fury in a position of strength, confident in doing any number of things. Joshua walks in wondering if he boxes, will Fury just outbox him? If he punches, will Fury just exploit him like Wilder?

I thought before recent events, it was 60-40 for Fury. I think now its more like 75-25.

Jimmy Elders likes this.
  11. Jimmy Elders

Jimmy Elders Ha ha bye bye intentional cuck banned Full Member

Jul 31, 2020
    :hang

12. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Yeah, he could land a big shot and finish him, just as he did to Povetkin and Wlad, who had superior skills also (albeit both being 40yrs old). Unfortunately there's a decent chance Joshua can win, just the nature of boxing where one shot, even a lucky shot in the chaos of an exchange can decide the night. And since they'd fight twice, AJ gets quite a few rounds to land his bombs, just like Wilder. Hopefully Pulev can stop Hearn-J and finish off what Ruiz started. I would rather not see AJ earn two more obscene fortunes from Fury fights, regardless of outcome.

Jimmy Elders likes this.
  13. Jimmy Elders

Jimmy Elders Ha ha bye bye intentional cuck banned Full Member

Jul 31, 2020
    It’s highly unlikely

14. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Yes.
    Up until now, Fury hasn't proven to be in any way superior in the division. It wasn't even a year ago that many even wrote him off after the almost disastrous Wallin fight.
    Now suddenly he's the greatest that ever lived and ever shall live according to some...

DJN16, RacingBeat, BCS8 and 3 others like this.
  15. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest. Fury definitely the favourite but don’t think there is much of a gap.

RB1702, TipNom, Noel857 and 1 other person like this.