Could Frank roll the BIG DICE

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Jan 10, 2021.

1. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    This content is protected

Terminator likes this.
  2. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    He has to, if he has any ambition above domestic level. Joyce v Usyk at peak UK time would be BT PPV worthy, I suppose.

aaaaa and kevinreid001 like this.
  3. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    If Joshua vacates would it be Usyk v Joyce for the vacant belt ? If not can’t see how Warren could generate the sort of money Usyk would probably want to fight Joyce.

4. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Usky would surely feel as if thats an easier fight than aj, fury etc. Decent payday prime time bt in a fight he would be very confident of winning. Cmon Frank let us feel the fibre of your fabric.

5. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Usyk never strikes me as the type of bloke that wants megabucks or is difficult to do business with so I suspect he could sign with Frank if the Joyce fight is offered to him.

Gatekeeper likes this.
  6. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    The Joyce fight will be mandated by the WBO if Joshua vacates, no way Usyk will be favouring a Joyce fight, otherwise he will be looking towards Wilder or Whyte or moving to America to fight with the other successful eastern European/Russian/Khazak/Uzbek fighters out there or join Loma with Arum.

7. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Usyk will 100% sign a new co promotional deal with Matchroom and Alex Krassyuk. They have a great working relationship, have made each other good money and no way will Eddie risk not having involvement with a fighter who potentially gets an undisputed fight with Fury or AJ.

kojak and Wizbit1013 like this.
  8. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Usyk would probably be best leaving unless the WBO somehow decide to order Usyk v Parker for the vacant strap. Usyk doesn't really have time to start stepping aside whilst fighting opposition beneath him so I don't blame him for playing hardball over this. If I were Usyk, I'd stand my ground and demand a title shot as well.

9. pow

pow Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 26, 2014
    Arum should sign him, has the ultimate prize in Fury (in house) a rosta of mediocre heavy's for him to feast on and also stablemate Loma to double up cards with, absolute no brainer for Bob. Also gets one over on Hearn.

aaaaa likes this.
  10. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    The impression I get from Hearn interviews is that he does, relatively speaking. Probably nowhere near Joshua levels but he knows his worth. Hearn seems happy to pay it based on his ability.

11. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Usyk - Chisora had little interest and poor sales, so it’s one hell of a financial risk for Frank to do the Joyce fight, let alone try to sign him.

He probably has no choice though- hopefully BT will give him the backing he needs.

My guess is Usyk will go to Top Rank or re-sign with Eddie/DAZN.

Patter983 likes this.
  12. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Didn't Usyk have a rant at his manager on Ukranian TV complaining that he just wants to be liked by the media.

Usyk was unhappy that Hearn favoured Chisora even though he is a Matchroom fighter and said he wants to focus on his own promotional company. Frank Warren could do business with Usyk for sure.

Usyk is a PPV fighter in the current market so Frank Warren could make Usyk Joyce on PPV. Usyk did big numbers against Bellew and against Chisora I believe the numbers would have been higher if there weren't as many PPVs at the time and with a stronger undercard.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  13. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    The fight would likely be on Sky as Hearn will be able to fight offer DAZN round the world rights and good PPV numbers.

14. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Usyk Chisora apparently did over 1mil PPV. I honestly can not believe it got anywhere near close to that.

DavidJames likes this.
  15. DavidJames

DavidJames Active Member Full Member

Mar 15, 2016
    agreed - if it did I would be shocked!

Big move for FW if he could get usyk v joyce. After the DDD win it would be an appealing fight but not for the general public... Chisora would have been the draw for the casuals when he fought Usyk