Crawford easily beats Taylor

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by 22JM, May 22, 2021.

1. Malph

Malph Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 31, 2007
    His team will know when it starts getting harder for him to make weight.

I don't think he's a guy coming into the ring at 154 on fight night. He looks like what he is, an actual 140 pounder.

gollumsluvslave likes this.
  2. gollumsluvslave

gollumsluvslave Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 20, 2020
    If Crawford couldn't stop a gunshy Ricky Burns, I really struggle to see how he stops Taylor.

James Hudson likes this.
  3. Goose

Goose Russian oligarch Full Member

Mar 2, 2005
    That was 7 years ago dude, and at lightweight......

Malph likes this.
  4. DoubleJab666

DoubleJab666 Dot, dot, dot... Full Member

Nov 9, 2015
    Without doubt his team will know better than two people on a forum with different opinions. But that kinda invalidates both points of view unless one of us is part of his team.

It's not just about physical condition. It's age and ambition too. He's 30 - often see as a tipping point physically and certainly a time in life when people tend to take stock - and I would suspect he would fancy being a two-weight champ. He's just unified 140 with nothing left to prove and I can't think of a better time to move up when you look at all relevant aspects...

5. Malph

Mar 31, 2007
    If he moves up now, I think it will be more about ambition than not being able to make weight.

A few years down the road who knows.

6. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Snatch Lopez's 0 first, then Dud Crawford's.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  7. DoubleJab666

Nov 9, 2015

Maybe. But neither of us know for sure...

Malph likes this.
  8. DoubleJab666

Nov 9, 2015
    That's an option, aye...

9. Malph

Mar 31, 2007
    Fair enough.

10. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Crawford is the boogie man for all of these guys. Whenever a lighter fighter does well, it’s “how come he don’t fight Crawford?” Or “why don’t he move up to fight Crawford?”

Crawford and his people should be embarrassed after watching Taylor do something Crawford should be doing, fighting the best opponent at his weight. We’ve been hearing about Crawford and Spence for how long? Pathetic and sad this fight is no closer to happening now than it was a year ago.

11. gollumsluvslave

Dec 20, 2020
    For sure, but since then who has Bud stopped that he hasn't been expected to stop?

E.g. if he had stopped Postol then we'd have been talking, instead he was on his bike all night in that one!

I just hear all the 'bad intentions' and 'mean dude' and just not really seen it. To be fair the level of comp since he stepped up to 147 simply hasn't been there to really measure him well enough. IMO

12. Young Terror

Young Terror ★ Griselda ★ Full Member

May 9, 2012
    Break down how you think the fight would go on, how Crawford would win,the tactics,the strenght and weaknesses of both fighters,the intangibles etc.

Do it show us your knowledge i wanna see if you have something to offer or if you are what i think you are a know nothing groupie.

Ill wait pendejo....

gollumsluvslave likes this.
  13. Goose

Mar 2, 2005
    If you can't see Crawford's skills then what can I tell you....but if he does fight Taylor he will dismantle the guy. With 5 inch reach advantage he will tag him and get out....maybe stops Taylor with a bodyshot.

14. gollumsluvslave

Dec 20, 2020
    I see Crawford's skills, but I've also seen vulnerability against Gamboa.

I simply haven't thought that Crawford looks unbeatable like others do is all. And I'm not saying that Taylor WILL beat Crawford, but I'm saying he would definitely be the best test Crawford has had since Postol, and has the talent to at least make a fight of it and make Bud work, and check that chin - which hasn't really been done since Gamboa. When Bud got caught by Postol he went on his bike.

Maybe because a lot of the folks that big up Crawford make it sound like he's the second coming of Mayweather, and well nigh unbeatable. I just haven't really seen the clear evidence for that yet against an elite talent.

I mean, hell look at all the stick GGG got over the year for feasting on 'bums' and 'cans'. Why should Crawford be any different?

15. Goose

Mar 2, 2005
    You're not sold on Crawford because he got knocked down once 7 years ago, and still stopped unbeaten Gamboa, who at the time was viewed as the next big thing at lightweight.

Same with Postol, he dropped him twice before beating an unbeaten fighter.

Turn the tables on Taylor everybody so bullish on, who has he beat? An undersized Prograis? Ramirez who got beat by the same old Postol.

If skills pay the bills then Crawford easily handles him,....the guy can switch like nobody else, I mean nobody in the sport does what he do in the ring. Maybe not Mayweather, but he has his own style that is unique to trouble anybody.

The reach advantage, ring IQ, switching is why I would pick Crawford over Taylor anyday.

chacal likes this.