Crawford v Brook confirmed

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    A final pay day for Brook? Shame the way his career has gone. The lust of the Khan fight has ruined him. Stepping up to get paid against Golovkin destroyed him. I wonder if Brook didn’t go up and get his face shattered by GGG then have to lose all that weight and come back down how he would’ve done against Spence?

2. Wig

Wig Boxing Addict Full Member

May 31, 2010
    Kell Brook is confirmed a shot fighter.

3. Cookiedough

Cookiedough Active Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2020
    A final pay day it is. It’s quite disappointing for the British fans. The Crawford fight doesn’t make me stand up and go WOW. The reason being is that I cant see the fight going any other way than in Crawfords favour. There were other domestic fights out there that I would sooner Kell be part of. Liam Smith vs Kell Brook would of been my preferred choice, and a lot more interesting than the Crawford fight. The Khan fight not happening is a real kick in the nuts for the fans.

4. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    Kell's weight has been good for a while now. Crawford has bit off more than he can chew.

5. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Ye he might be on top of it now but it's the past 15 yr of yoyoing that's going to come on top for him.
    I'd love to see a prime Kell in there or even a kell that had looked after himself throughout his career but I'm afraid to say that it will all become a reality for Kell when he's making his ring walk.
    them days are gone now bent nose for Kell and Crawford is at the top of his game .
    This is one time that id like to agree with you,as id really would like to see Kell win and I do hope your right but I and most people just can't see it.

DJN16, Gatekeeper, Scissors and 2 others like this.
  6. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Wasted career and now a final bag of PPV Loot for the Special Done

DON1, tdf1974, Carl Weathers and 3 others like this.
  7. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    He really had to take the fight. Good for him getting another pension top up- I hope he calls it a day afterwards.

Staminakills and Gatekeeper like this.
  8. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I think Brook will lose but I think he will shock a lot of fans here and put in a really good performance. Brook is a sharpshooter, is physically very strong and hits hard. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him score a KD here.

I’ll be supporting him in this one.

pow, seansanashee, DJN16 and 8 others like this.
  9. Bent-nose

Bent-nose Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    ??
    My previous post was that I'd like to see Josh Warrington defend his title.

10. Skyver

Skyver Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Can see kell looking for a way out by the mid rounds tbh..hope I'm wrong though and gives Crawford hell.

im sparticus likes this.
  11. im sparticus

May 16, 2010
    I think he will start well and he may have us thinking that he's really in this fight early on but late mid rds Crawford will turn the screw.
    Yes I'll definatly be supporting him and I want him to win it I just think he's past the real glory days now and Crawford is p4p top 3

joe91 and kojak like this.
  12. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    According to Arum, Sky haven’t even shown any interest in the UK rights yet.

To think I was arguing with a few guys on here a few weeks ago, when they said I was wrong, by saying that Brook is not worth anything to Hearn or Sky anymore and should take whatever he gets offered..

Inglis_1 likes this.
  13. im sparticus

May 16, 2010
    Ye I've seen that. Bob also going in on Hearn/sky for not making an offer for loma v Lopez. Convienantly forgetting Frank and BT. But overall he is right. It's criminal that we won't get it over here.
    Maybe they're waiting for a last minute offer but they'll miss the promotion leading up then

Scissors likes this.
  14. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    So Do I. Brook's past his best but he isn't shot and will put up a far better showing than Amir Khan did. I can see it going the same way as the Kavaliuskas fight where he gives Crawford trouble in the early rounds before being stopped in the 9th or 10th.

15. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    I don’t even think this is much of a payday from what I’m reading less than 2 million dollars ? Surely EDDIE would be offering more for a fight on PPV V Liam Smith ?