Crawford VS. Spence

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by lepinthehood, Apr 20, 2019.

1. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Spence will be on a murder charge when he fights Crawford. He kills him. you dont want to believe?

dealt_with likes this.
  2. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Crawford completely dominated Khan.

red_roo, pacas and Lifestyle like this.
  3. Luis Fernando

Luis Fernando Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2017
    Like how he 'killed' 135 pounder Mikey Garcia? Sure! Keep believing!

4. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Nah, as much as I can't stand Bud, he'll school Spence.

Ph33rknot, Power_tek and POTUS like this.
  5. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    believe or not. mikey is far more durable than craw.

Staminakills likes this.
  6. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    completely wrong, sorry bud, but this one is a complete formality. spence frazzles crawfish.

Staminakills likes this.
  7. Luis Fernando

Aug 23, 2017
    Based on what exactly?

POTUS likes this.
  8. coolcat45

coolcat45 Active Member Full Member

Oct 21, 2018
    I am not a fan of spence but he beats everyone at 147.

Staminakills and bandeedo like this.
  9. lepinthehood

Aug 27, 2011
    Hes a huge ww, naturally 154lbs. beat brook who crawford wouldnt have. Brings unreal pressure on opponents, Boxed the ears of garcia who i thought would be the superior technician in that fight. crawford a great talent, hurt my gamboa a gimet. spence matches him with speed, eclipses with strength and power, and spence actually has very underated ring IQ.

Staminakills and Birmingham like this.
  10. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I'm with you here, I believe Spence Jr beats Crawford.

A few of reasons, firstly, power, Khan isn't a puncher, he really isn't, he apparently had a chipped bone in his elbow, no excuses, I don't like Khan but Crawford started very cautiousy, once he felt the lack of power he walked right through Khan.

Crawford will feel Spence Jrs power.

Chins, Khan has the punch resistance of a brittle boned 87 year old, I don't believe Crawford has the power to deter Spence Jr.

Let's not forget, I know it's only sparring but Spence apparently handled himself very well in the gym with the likes of Mayweather, Crawford isn't more slippery than Floyd so Spence Jr will land leather on Crawford and I don't believe Crawford will take Spence Jrs power.

And lastly size, strength, Spence Jr is a very very big welterweight, bigger and stronger than Amir "Brittle Bones" Khan and it will tell.

dcb154 and lepinthehood like this.
  11. coolcat45

coolcat45 Active Member Full Member

Oct 21, 2018
    Brook vs Crawford is a 50/50 fight for me providing that brook orbital bones hold up well. Brook can just keep falling through with his punches and spoil the fight as he has done with porter

12. kirk

kirk l l l Staff Member

Jul 26, 2004
    I favor Spence but its tentative. Spence by close competitive UD.

N17 likes this.
  13. Reppin501

Reppin501 The People's Champ Full Member

Apr 26, 2010
    I think Crawford has more variation and creativity in terms of his attack. Can he hurt Spence...if yes, I like Bud to win. If not, Spence pressures him to a close decision based on activity and work rate.

Manfred, pacas, kirk and 1 other person like this.
  14. Luis Fernando

Aug 23, 2017
    You do realize, Spence couldn't even cleanly KO a small washed up little Devon Alexander, the same Alexander who was dropped by feather fisted Amir Khan DURING HIS PRIME?

You do realize Garcia has been dropped by a journeyman named Orlando Salido, but Garcia's punches appeared to be coming from a little sissy when they all, but literally bounced off Garcia's body and chin like refreshments with 0 effect?

Garcia a technician? That's because you don't know much about boxing! Garcia has always been overrated and he was exposed already in his previous fight against a 10 fight novice named Sergey Lipinets when he barely won and showed practically none of this 'superior technical ability' in that fight.

Errol Spence Jr 'outboxing' this little Garcia isn't impressive. The bare minimum expectation was for Spence to cleanly KO Garcia and he didn't even come close, because of how insanely lacking his power is. Out-boxing a much smaller man isn't impressive. Tell Spence Jr to move up and out-box someone like Daniel Jacobs instead, before he is justified in receiving and credit. At least Garcia had the balls to move up, win, lose or draw.

dougemerypm and N17 like this.
  15. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I like that fight, I would like to see it, Brook can punch a bit and has very good timing, could make it interesting.

Don't misunderstand me, I'd make Crawford a heavy favourite but Brook has a much better chance than Khan did.