Cruiserweight and Heavyweight thread.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by houmzz, Aug 21, 2014.

1. BeantownAll

BeantownAll Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Definitely an interesting choice of opponent. da Silva had knocked out all 10 of his opponents. I didn't recognize any of them...and it appears his most recent victim was making his debut! Not the most convincing resume...

Apparently the fight took place in a TV studio in Moscow. Seems strange Kuzmin needed all of 10 rounds to stop him. Maybe that TV station had some dead time on the air to fill? In any case, it seems like Kuzmin's career has stalled out a bit.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  2. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    This content is protected

BeantownAll likes this.
  3. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    Ustinov is definitely well past it. I was going to criticize Dychko for fighting another less-than-live body. But then I saw that SIrenko fought Ustinov in his 18th fight. So I guess I won't be too tough on him. Then again, I suppose Ustinov won't be too tough on him, either...

Yes, I think Dychko is talented. One of the criticisms that always dogged him during his elite amateur days was that his gas tank wasn't good past a couple rounds. Unfortunately, they just haven't given him opponents yet who make it even that far?

I don't know much about his new promoters. But if they can't, say, get the likes of Kingpin Kevin Johnson in the ring with their prospect - it's really tough to see how they can advance Dychko' s career seeing how their man is a pretty high-risk and currently low-reward guy.

It's amazing to consider this...Dychko is only 2 years (almost to the day) younger than Tyson Fury.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    catchwtboxing and kostya by ko like this.
  4. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    Looks like Kuzmin has been hitting the Medovik harder than his opponents...

5. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    What a tub of ****.

I never understood why these guys prefer grub to millions of dollars.

BeantownAll likes this.
  6. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    I mean if you're an endomorph....you're an endomorph (and Kuzmin is a confirmed endomorph)....but he's carrying lots of unnecessary weight.

catchwtboxing likes this.
  7. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
  8. Kratos

Kratos Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 27, 2014
    i think chaney knocks him out cold, arias has a horrible chin and cant take a punch at all, he has no power to bother any real heavyweight.

9. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    I'd forgotten that Keith Barr (who is even smaller than Arias) managed to drop Arias...though I don't think he really hurt him. Not sure if I have enough info. to rate George's chin...but that's not encouraging. Arias definitely isn't one of the heavier-handed guys in the division. Outside of the demolition job Chaney did on Caudle ,though, Chaney hasn't really shown himself to be a big hitter, either.

10. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    Boxrec is reporting that Alante Green has scored a KO victory over Taylor Duerr in a Cruiserweight fight for the NABF and USBA CW belts. I don't have any particulars beyond the outcome.

Duerr had managed a draw against Lyubomyr Pinchuk a couple years ago...not bad considering Pinchuk is regarded as a capable and certainly *durable* journeyman.

Prior to Duerr, Green had fought Stivens Bujaj and won a close (and possibly disputed) decision. Given that Bujaj had not had success against top-level CWs, this suggested Green might be nearing his own ceiling.

But with the KO win, Green seems back on the path...and it wouldn't be unreasonable to see him step up against the likes of Efetobor Apochi or Brandon Glanton next.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  11. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Why is Frank Mir doing this to himself?

12. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    This content is protected

BEATDOWNZ, Ivan28 and Inglis_1 like this.
  13. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Intriguing, to say the least. I had high hopes for Egorov when he turned pro but his progress has been rather underwhelming, especially with only 11 fights in 5 years. Let’s see what he really has to offer.

BEATDOWNZ, Ivan28 and UnleashtheFURY like this.
  14. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Isaac Chamberlain will face Dilan Prasovic on December 10th in London.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  15. BeantownAll

Mar 5, 2018
    Zhang looking like the Zhang of old (instead of an "old Zhang") - which is to say he moved around stalking his opponent and then unloaded a huge shot on him.

When Zhang sits down into a punch and catches an opponent at full extension (as he did Lewis) - he's got to be one of the five biggest hitters in the division.

He did not fight Forrest like that. He was more or less content to let Forrest stand in front of him and just engage him in a phone booth.

So what was going on?

Zhang Zhilei has a history of bone spurs and stress fractures in his feet and ankles. I know these were bothering him when he fought Juan Goode back in late-2015 - when Goode knocked him down and probably should have won at least a draw.

My guess is that they were bothering him when he fought Forrest because Zhang wasn't moving well at all that night.