Cruiserweight and Heavyweight thread.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by houmzz, Aug 21, 2014.

1. houmzz

houmzz Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Joel Isaac González / @GonzalezKmarena

At 45, the former Panamanian world champion Guillermo "El Felino" Jones does not give up in the search for a world title opportunity, now in the heavyweight category.

Today Saturday, at the Jaragua hotel in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, "El Felino" Jones won a split decision over the Ecuadorian Ytalo Perea to become the new heavyweight champion Fedelatin_, the first Panamanian to achieve a regional title in this category_.

Officials Freddy Castillo and Jesus Ceballos saw "El Felino" Jones win by cards of 107-102 and 105-104 respectively. Marcelo Carmona, on the other hand, gave the victory to Perea 107-102.

In the first assaults, the fight was presented even with exchange of dominion, but as the rounds passed, Jones was taking control to take the win.

The long inactivity that had affected Jones_ did not fight since July 2, 2016_ who looked a bit slow, but based on his experience he could dominate mainly in the second half of the fight.

With the triumph, the former world cruiserweight champion is strengthened in the WBA classifications, since currently occupies the position No. 15.

The boxer, native of Columbus, improves his record to 41 wins, three losses, two draws and 30 knockouts.

For his part, Perea lowers his record to 10 wins, two losses, two draws and six knockouts.

http://www.critica.com.pa/golazo/panameno-guillermo-jones-gana-cetro-fedelatin-496811

Chuck Norris likes this.
  2. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Cruiserweight Mike Wilson back on December 8.

3. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    This content is protected

Chuck Norris and ludwig like this.
  4. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012

5. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Heavyweight results round-up:

Roberto Secola beat Gianluca Mandras by 1 round KO. He will face amateur standout Gimbatov next,on the December 15.

Abigail Soto beat Frank Mola by 5 round TKO. Soto won the vacant Dominican Republic Heavyweight Title.

Evgenios Lazaridis beta Davit Gorgiladze by 2 round KO and won German International Heavyweight Title.

Marcin Rekowsky/Patryk Kowoll TKO 1

6.5 feet tall Vladislav Vishev beat Oleg Fomichev by wide UD over 4 rounds

Avery Gibson/Enrique Gastelum KO 2

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  6. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    "I'm disappointed that my long-awaited rematch against Tony Bellew will be postponed until March 24 or May 5," Haye said. - Despite the recent rumors of injuries, I was in excellent condition, my weight was the lowest for the last five years. I was ready to rewrite the ending of the saga of Haye-Bellew... ".

"I trained on the stairs and did exercises that I did hundreds of times without incident, I slipped, slipped, instinctively grabbed the banister and somehow managed to damage my biceps. This afternoon I went through the procedure, it was quite simple, and my doctor does not doubt that I will not only fully recover, but will return to the gym in two weeks, "he continued.

"I would like to apologize to Tony, his famil, and his team, as well as all our fans who were disappointed. I was focused on this fight, and I'm very disappointed that I will not be able to finish 2017 with my performance. I'm looking forward to getting back to training. "

7. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    BoxingTipster and 1 other Retweeted

BoxingTipster‏ @AgainstTRopes

Tyson Fury has just posted his "comeback hit list" on instagram: - Shannon Briggs - Anthony Joshua - Deontay Wilder - Tony Bellew - Joseph Parker - Alexander Povetkin - Dereck Chisora - Tomasz Adamek - Chris Arreola - Sam Peter

8. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012

9. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
  10. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    This is too funny, haha:

11. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012

12. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  13. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Promising Ukrainian heavyweight Alexander Zahozny (5-0, 4 KOs), whose height is 207 cm, collected his fifth victory in the professional ring, knocking out Serbian Milos Dovedan (2-33, 2 KOs).

The battle of Zahozny with Dovedan ended already in the first round - it lasted only 102 seconds.

14. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Usyk vs Briedis will likely be in Riga.

15. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 31, 2016
    Ustinov vs Charr will now be for the vacant WBA Regular strap.

UnleashtheFURY likes this.