Cruiserweight and Heavyweight thread.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by houmzz, Aug 21, 2014.

1. houmzz

houmzz Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 13, 2012
    Frank Warren on Fury/Wilder rematch:

"Negotiations are going on at the moment. I expect us to agree terms [before the deadline]," he told BT Sport.

"There's a willingness to do the fight, it's the most lucrative match for Tyson – there's more money in that than fighting [Anthony] Joshua – and it's an easier fight to make because the parties want to make it happen.

"[America] is the most lucrative. I'd like it to be in England, but it takes two to tango.

"I would think the fight is going to be late April/May if we can agree terms."

Asked if April 27 would be the date, Warren replied: "Maybe that, or in May."

2. BeantownAll

BeantownAll Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Yeah...breezing to victory my a$$. I had Rivas up a couple rounds easy. Jennings was trying to create distance all night with his jab - he had success there but he wasn't landing big stuff.

There are boxers who accept that they are going to get hit when they throw big; and there are guys who just get caught. Jennings is a guy who just gets caught. Rivas can catch a guy.

I learned in the lead up to this fight that Arum and Jennings weren't really working together after HBO bailed on boxing. Not surprising - Jennings was tailor-made for Rivas and I don't think Arum would have put him in front of Oscar.

The Ogdoad and Boxingfan200 like this.
  3. BeantownAll

BeantownAll Well-Known Member Full Member

Mar 5, 2018
    Interesting. Last I heard from him he was going to face a Russian or Ukranian prospect (can't remember which) overseas in late 2017 or early 2018. That fight didn't happen and then he fell off the radar.

4. Ivan28

Ivan28 Active Member Full Member

Feb 13, 2018
    2 bad news for cruiser dreamers for titles.Tishchenko and Rostislav Plechko will move to cruiserweight.Their next fights will be in that division.

5. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Tishchenko has no power at HWD why he is moving down???

Plechko at CW will be interesting.

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  6. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Shumenov - Goulmarian purse bid Feb 4th,
    World champion vs World GOLD champion, what a joke WBA is :lol:

Dangerwood84 and Boxingfan200 like this.
  7. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Clearly a mismatch for Golumiran, easy win for him, too powerfull for Shumenov. Maybe it's too far off but I expect Golumiran move up in weight in future and be in some good fights.

8. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    The Kubrat Pulev vs Robert Helenius heavyweight clash is not on yet - at least not according to Helenius' manager Markus Sundman.

"It´s one of the fights we are in negotiations about," states Sundman in a short comment over mail to this reporter.

The fight is targeted for the undercard of Terence Crawford vs. Amir Khan, which takes place in the Unites States on April 20.

Pulev was previously handled by Sauerland Event but he recently signed a co-promotional deal with Top Rank, who also promote Crawford.

9. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Oscar Rivas wants to fight Kubrat Pulev. They have fought in amateurs more than once and Pulev has the upper edge.

10. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    While Takam wants revenge, Chisora is likely going to take it easy for his next fight.

"It's true, I do want revenge," Takam exclusively told Sky Sports.

"With all the respect due to Derek, the first fight was an accident. It happens. As we say back home, sometimes even the snake can tumble. If I can fight Derek one more time, it won't be the same story. I will completely correct what happened.

"They put on a great show for the fans but we knew whatever happened, Dillian had more of a chance of winning than Chisora did. I have heard he prepared and trained very well for the rematch with Whyte and he is very disappointed losing it."

Takam's manager Christian Cerchi would love to do the rematch.

"It makes sense, a rematch with Chisora, because the first one was a great fight," Cerchi said.

"We are working closely with Matchroom and even if Chisora is working with David Haye now, I am sure they would be interested in this one.

"Wembley Stadium would be perfect. Anthony Joshua is the only one who can do the main event there, so we will have to wait."

11. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    “Most likely, the ring return of Oleksandr Usyk will take place in the heavyweight division on either May 18th or 25th in the USA,” Krassyuk announced through K2’s social media platform on Wednesday.

12. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Hearn and Joshua are big stumbling block in heavyweight division and they are the reason why fight with Wilder or Fury never going to happen. Both Hearn and Joshua sound like broken record by saying time and time again that they are ready for fight with Fury or Wilder but in reality they are not because they can't negotiate deal with either one. Both are bad for heavyweight division, they are the new Klitschko's if you will. Because of them heavyweight division has slowed down but it's not going to last for forever because Joshua isn't unbeateble.

13. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Junior Fa, Stephan Shaw, George Arias and Hemi Ahio all return on one card on March 2nd in US.

14. houmzz

Jul 13, 2012
    Former member of the WSB team "Ukrainian Atamans" 26-year-old Ukrainian heavyweight contender Taras Neudachin will make his pro debut on January 25 in Cape Town, South Africa. He is finalist of 2014 Ukraine Nationals, semi finalist of 2013 Nationals.

Perkin Warbeck likes this.
  15. Big Ukrainian

Big Ukrainian Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 10, 2007
    Here is his WSB fight against 6'5'' guy from Marocco

This content is protected