Daniel Azeez vs. Joshua Buatsi & Adam Azim vs. Enock Poulsen - Round by Round.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Feb 3, 2024.

1. Ding ding ding!

Ding ding ding! Active Member Full Member

Jun 26, 2022
    What a fantastic fight. Buatsi clear and deserved winner but thought it was very competitive in many rounds until Azeez gassed in about 8th / 9th. Buatsi definitely showed that he's just a class above though imo and made it difficult for Azeez to sustain his attacks.

Great to see the mutual respect between the two before the final round and post fight. Huge credit to both men for leaving it all in the ring and delivering for the fans. Might not have been the most technical bout but a brilliant domestic dust up.

What was up with the constant drying of the ring? There was some big confusion in the arena initially when the white towel first got thrown in and I'm not sure I've seen a ring need to be dried quite that much, it was all a bit strange. Gonna watch back later on but the first knockdown looked a bit of a slip?

Despite Buatsi's clear superiority he's got absolutely no chance against Bivol or Beterbiev let's be honest. Still some very good domestic LHW fights out there to be made though.

Wizbit1013, Astro, Beale and 2 others like this.
  2. Ding ding ding!

Jun 26, 2022
    Whittaker really is a **** of the highest order isn't he? Glad to see the ref a bit more willing to halt the fight for it in comparison to his last fight. Can definitely see a fighter sticking the nut on him in the not too distant future. The spinning around and throwing out sidewards punches just utter **** house behaviour.

That said he does seem very talented and will surely bring lots of eyes to his fights whether they love or hate him. Should be stepping up from this level sooner rather than later but suspect he'll still be fighting easy touches another few years. Wonder if he'll be out on the Wardley Clarke card.

Disappointing conclusion to the Azim fight but a decent performance from him in his first defence and I'm intrigued to see how he progresses in his next few fights.

Wizbit1013, Astro and Beale like this.
  3. Ding ding ding!

Jun 26, 2022
    Scandalous mate isn't it the drinks prices. Dread to think how much the spirits cost. I very rarely drink and drove last night but even had I been I don't think I could have justified spending £45 on five pints. Disgraceful.

Food seemed extremely overpriced too as always the case at these types of events. Nearly a tenner for a hot dog which probably cost about 70 pence to make. We stopped at a takeaway on the way home.

Wizbit1013, Beale and Bfcad like this.
  4. Maximum MARIUSZ

Maximum MARIUSZ Member banned Full Member

Jan 25, 2023
    Buatsi azeez suck big time for good boxing it must be competitive. It should be exciting. How can be exciting if clear winner from round one? Buatsi is top five in world and azeez tough club fighter.

5. chrisbonnie

chrisbonnie Active Member Full Member

Oct 14, 2009
    I enjoyed the fight last night, nothing spectacular, but a decent British level fight, in all honesty.

One thing I'm going to say, and it's about buddy mcgirt.

How is he such a well thought of coach? He a ****ing charlatan... He was wearing jeans in the corner. ****ing denim jeans....... Talk about not taking it seriously..... Useless corner work, crap advice.... And in case I missed it, HE WAS WEARING JEANS!!

I'm all for guys seeking out the best trainers they can. But if mcgirt is up there... Then I'm the reincarnation of angelo Dundee, and I'll be taking bookings via Instagram dm's...

6. Legs are shaky

Legs are shaky Member Full Member

May 25, 2023
    Plus he was wearing sun glasses , fraud

chrisbonnie likes this.
  7. peter_uk

peter_uk Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 11, 2022
    Good fight, with Buatsi the clear winner (although the two knockdowns were dubious, with Azeez falling victim to the slippy ring if anything. There should not be these issues at world level). Azeez couldn't get inside consistently to land his offence which proved to be the difference between the two; if there is ever a rematch down the line then Azeez definitely has scope to do better.

8. Degale

Degale Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Butasi is very good, hopefully his career kicks on from here.

Bfcad and Astro like this.
  9. Astro

Astro Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2021
    It was a really good main event where both boxers delivered a great effort and showed lots of heart.

Boxxer has had a good beginning to 2024 and there are several major UK main events coming up, which makes me happy at a time when all focus is on Saudi.

Wizbit1013, Bob Flaps and Bfcad like this.
  10. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Watched full fight this morning ,was very impressed with Buatsi indeed,shades of prime Kell Brook ... Buddy Mcgirk was guff though

11. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Everyone else seemed to enjoy it

Bfcad likes this.
  12. Hurrikeen

Hurrikeen Member Full Member

May 30, 2014
    The prices were mental.

We got 3 double gin and lemonades, a pint of cider and 2 x 330ml rekordeligs and it was £70!!!

Wizbit1013 and Bfcad like this.
  13. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    That's almost as much of a robbery as the Mayer Jonas result