Daryl Williams opinions

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by The Ripper, Jun 1, 2017.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2017
    I honk he's a solid guy doesn't stop coming forward avarage power brilliant head movement I think with a better trainer could go all the way

2. BaronSamedi

BaronSamedi Active Member banned Full Member

Mar 9, 2015
    Yeah i love his Mike Tyson style

I seen him on the bags on youtube before i seen him fight. I just thought he would lose because he stands fully squared on which is generally a big no no. Then seen him fight that 10 round war on the opening of the BT card and it was such a great fight. In fact im going to go and rewatch it now.

His style requires such insane cardio, id love to know how he manages it. Coming forward with head movement non stop for 10 rounds is some doing

3. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    He's fighting Smyle again on the BJS undercard by the looks of things, first was great and looking forward to the rematch.

4. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Was a cracker that fight really enjoyed it

5. The Ripper

Apr 27, 2017
    I inboxed him on insta and got my tickets £70 a piece not that bad

6. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Williams looks like a decent fighter tbh, i'd love to see the winner of this fight, fight for the British strap against Fielding vs Cox winner.

I think Williams might be the best of all 4, but if I had to put money on I'd probably lean towards Fielding remaining the champ. Fielding is more proven, and that counts for a lot IMO.

All outcomes are live and there is no guarantee Williams beats Smyle, many think he lost first time.

I think Cox gets bashed by the other 3 tbh, but Cox winning would be intriguing too!! I think he is probably the most marketable of the 4.

7. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I saw him on a small hall show a couple of years back (because I am a #hardcore) and thought he looked pretty decent then. His fight Smyle was really enjoyable, glad they're doing it again. He's certainly improved and by all accounts seems a really nice lad

8. Sniper4

Sniper4 New Member Full Member

May 14, 2017
    trust me mate, cox had an offish night against taylor, but taylor still had the middleweight speed and kept moving, at SM, people will have to trade with him.

9. Sniper4

May 14, 2017
    he had a war with Jahmaine Smyle ffs. 15 fights in I cant see him going all the way if hes having SD wins over domestic level guys

10. The Ripper

Apr 27, 2017
    Your forgetting this guy hasn't had the pedigree or financial backing so it's harder for this guy and guys like him a tevin farmer you should respect these guys

11. james5000

james5000 2010's poster of the decade Full Member

Apr 11, 2010
    I hope you are right Cox is an interesting character and could potentially be a big draw.

He has the style and look to go places just needs the skills to back it up. I think Eddie will get him the opportunities so that shouldn't be a problem.

12. Sniper4

May 14, 2017
    hes a local lad mate, don't get much down our way. And trust me, have a look at his 3 fights before Rios. All brutal, and quicker than anyone else, ie points with hughes, eubank 3...

13. Sniper4

May 14, 2017
    if he had a degree of respect about him, id respect him. But he don't. He snarls like a dog in head to heads its pathetic,