David Price has improved

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Price is back, Feb 5, 2017.

1. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    His first fight with new trainer Dave Coldwell 9 months ago. His weight has gone up since then (nothing to do with his trainer but he will accept any credit).

2. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    People forget tho...priceys always had terrible stamina. With or without the weight gain. I ve seen him get tired throwing a punch. And that was back in his reign of terror. We talk about heart and that but the problems always been the lack of gas in the tank. Its the pressure that beats him. He just cant fight under the lights.

Its not coldwells fault. He actually has improved him as a fighter but if theres no gas in the tank what can you do. Its kind of essential at this level of boxing. Think people are being nieve if they think price hasnt trained endurance etc. Even down to tactics if theres little gas there you dont want to be hugging/wrestling with people. Looks to me like the nervous energy/pressure zaps him out there. Not like its the first we ve heard of it. Since boxing began theres always been gym fighters and other guys that can go out and perform under the lights. Price seems like he cant.

Hes probably not good enough for world level with a full tank anyway. But would be worth getting a hypnotist etc. Anything that can help him at this stage.

No shame for price he gave it a go lets be honest heres hes performed to a level far higher than all the people mocking him. Hes a decent guy...hopefully can make a living commentating etc or carve out a half decent boxing career. Its there if he wants it but hopefully doesnt turn himself into a joke figure telling us he can beat joshua without showing us anything but defeats anywhere above domestic level.

3. Bensub

Bensub Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 17, 2015
    Gutted for price, not sure where he goes from here now.

4. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Please just accept the L.

Price is domestic level. There's nothing wrong with that and it shouldn't mean he should retire, but that's just the reality of it. Let him fight Allen, that's where he's at.

Twentyman likes this.
  5. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    You mean Hammer didn't fail a post fight drugs test?

drenlou likes this.
  6. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    There's still time!

drenlou and Sugar 88 like this.
  7. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    People here saying it is unfair to have ago at Price, well I kinda think he made the rod for his own back when he started called out AJ and tried to tout himself around for world title fights. Jeez, I would even have Lewison beating him now, and pretty badly at that.

In the end he was bigging himself all up, and after a couple of rounds was gasping for air like Cilla in the spanish sun.

8. Stuarty

Stuarty Member Full Member

Mar 29, 2013
    He has certainly improved at being knocked out.

9. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Ever considered changing your name again?

It should be Price is on his back again.

10. lepinthehood

lepinthehood When I'm drinking you leave me well alone banned Full Member

Aug 27, 2011
    yes he did improve, rather than getting ko'd in the 2nd or 5th round he lasted to the 7th

11. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    This content is protected

He probably goes to the job centre.

12. spurs ben316

spurs ben316 Active Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Cheers Doublejab for the Coldwell interview couldn't find one since the fight. And big thumbs up to priceisback for comming back. Would have been very easy to set up another account. It happens to us all including me u get the blinkers on and get it wrong. Going from the interview Price is certain to retire. It wasnt a good sign when he went awol after the ko vs Teper. I did hear he was talked round to comming back. My issue with Price was calling AJ out when he had not fought anyone to deserve a shot. Thinks that why he got stick. In hindsight was never a good thing putting weight on. He was unfit to start with. Putting weight on does not make your chin stronger. I also reckon Price knew he couldnt take a shot and panics when he has someone hurt uses a lot of energy and gases. If he could have his career again he should go with Klits team day in day out jab and hold. Not pretty but could have picked up a title. I fear for Coldwell ths year Bellow will get blasted out early and next time Mcdonnell has a close fight he will lose. Still cant believe he won the last one.

hope Price gets work as a pundit and has saved some money for a decent living. sad to see the mental breakdown he has in the ring. People laughed at Froch getting a physchologist but if it helps use it. Poor Pricey needed help in that depatment

13. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Lets be honest tho. We have a go at price for putting himself in the shop window for joshua. But on the otherhand seemingly he got about 10 grand for hammer. Just going off a figure i seen on here. Its crap money for a guy that was billed to dethrone a klitchko at one point or thought he was on his way to being a millionaire before long. He d probably get about 100 to 200 thousand for a joshua fight best case scenario. Could pay off his mortgage. Lets be honest who wouldnt do the same thing giving the chance.

14. carlingeight

carlingeight Active Member Full Member

May 15, 2016
    Also, Price looked very uncomfortable talking about the Joshua fight. He's a good guy and knew he didn't deserve it, but he also knew he had a very real chance of landing it, so would be stupid not to try.

15. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    The unfortunate thing for Price is that he may have only been the Hammer fight away from the Joshua fight.