Dazn price increase confirmed

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by bladesman, Aug 31, 2021.

1. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    If Sky were to "up their game" right now they'd push DAZN out of the market here in the UK. Keep a grip on the football and squeeze for better boxing content and it'd be Eddie who?
    In all honesty tho, it's better for the fighters the more healthy options there are. Interesting.

KingKO and BXNG101 like this.
  2. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Surely Hearn isn’t as stupid as I currently believe him to be ? Even before COVID he wasn’t making that much of an impact Stateside and if you look at Top Rank and PBC I don’t see him and DAZN making that situation different in next few years. So he leaves SKY where he had negotiated an exclusive boxing deal to promote British Boxing in the hope that he could take boxing to a new level but basically puts on the same standard of show ! There is a lot riding on AJ winning against Uzek and should he win what sort of cash can DAZN pay baring in mind he only fights 1/2 times a year ! I think Eddie needs a reality check.

Gatekeeper, Gregor1987 and Jurgen like this.
  3. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    Hearn thought we’d all be happy as larry at this? So he’s basically saying the price should have been ever higher lmao. I’m not going to pay a monthly subscription for a few Saturday night fight cards. The bloke is off his head.

4. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    You do get Friday night cards from Austria and Milan as well

5. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    My sub runs out on the 2nd Sept

Thanks and tata!!

Glenn McKrory, channy and Jurgen like this.
  6. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Wonder if Eh day believes his shyte don't smell.

The PPV Mugths forking out for Pudding Chisora PPVs etc must have him thinking he could charge £8 per month and the cohort of mugths will pay for any garbage.

The genuine boxing fans see right through this but the unsuspecting mug may not realise until they check DAZN UK for Usyk v Joshua and find Eh Day still wanting Box Office money for his good fights.

The next Joshua fight after Usyk, if not part of the DAZN UK £7.99 sub, should really be game over for DAZN UK.

Gregor1987 and Terminator like this.
  7. alpo1

alpo1 #TeamShanny Full Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Hearnz got too big for his boots imo. He underestimated how big the sky machine and his exclusive deal with sky was. A clever guy would have ensured his UK base remains firm and done the risky ambitious moves in fresh territories. Like USA, Canada, Australia, Ireland etc.

Now he's risked having no solid base. It is 50/50 if it'll go the way of boxnation.

8. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    They've really misjudged the market.

You steadily increase prices, not quadruple them at once.

rezzer, djfonti and Jurgen like this.
  9. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Where is @Trafford with the board meeting minutes?

Wizbit1013, Terminator and Jurgen like this.
  10. Throwback

Throwback "Somebody wake up Hicks" Full Member

Jul 11, 2020
    I agree, another couple of quid even up to a fiver would have been ok, plus a bit of a warning (although we all knew this was coming).

I don't mind the slightly shoddy chaotic content, bit I do mind the constant ramming of "The Most Exciting Prospect In the UK" being rammed down my throat, and weeks go by with very little content. For £8 a month?! Be interesting to see what the cancellation figures are

11. KingKO

KingKO El Terrible Full Member

Feb 2, 2019
    Even if they lose 50% of subscribers they'll still be up. They are probably prepared for the hit but in doing so will have lost the core fanbase. It may sound ridiculous but I've taken the increase personally, which in turn will make me forever see DAZN in a bad light and certainly not a brand I'll be spending money on.

Jurgen likes this.
  12. effigy

effigy Member Full Member

Nov 23, 2008
    This will be purely played by ear for me. I'll stay for the Warrington card, but it will be really month by month. I was happy to let it tick over when it's £1.99, but for £7.99, the number and quality of cards needs to go up. Otherwise I'll be dipping in and out depending on the months offerings. My worry would be that if enough people stay subbed, the quality of cards and/or opponents have no reason to go up, but boxing just doesn't do itself any favours in that regard anyways. The big fights will always sell, and sell big, but it's really just papering over the cracks that will eventually either force the sport to evolve or just create an even more niche sport that will have an even more lopsided rewards structure, with 1% of boxers taking 99% of the money.

rezzer and Jurgen like this.
  13. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Please come back fellas!!

It isn't even the price of a pizza!!

14. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    They see boxing fans as mugs and who can blame them? Look at this **** show of a sport we follow. I will hop back on IF they have regular quality content. Until then they won't get my money.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  15. I Shot JR

I Shot JR Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Has the price gone up worldwide or just in the UK and Ireland?