Dereck Chisora Vs David Price

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Potwash, Oct 11, 2019.

Who wins?

1. Chisora KO

75.9%
  2. Chisora Points

2.3%
  3. Price KO

18.4%
  4. Price Points

3.4%
  5. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Agree with u 100%. They never have and never will be friends. This is strictly business. No on really can control Del Boy. Big Don done the best he could with him and them 2 definitely have a bond. Chisora just doesn't like David Haye is clear to see.

Scissors and BXNG101 like this.
  2. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    People making out like Chisora is some brilliant fighter. He’d lose this every day if Price didn’t have ‘hamster lungs’ and a glass chin. Chisora May well win it but it’s no mismatch. Price has to win early because he won’t be allowed to outbox him at a nice pace like he was against Allen. He can stop him though.

The later it gets then it’s Chisora’s fight.

Fhaggis likes this.
  3. Emerald Oracle

Emerald Oracle Active Member Full Member

Nov 29, 2014
    Big Pricey is in this with a decent chance, no doubt about it. Would Chisora still be able to take the sort of shot that Pricey nearly took Povetkin out with?

4. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Chisora sparring with Joshua in Sheffield this week. It will be interesting to see if any stories emerge

305th and Potwash like this.
  5. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Pricey folds like a deck chair as soon as anyone half decent in the top 20/25 puts it on him big time.

Chisora has proven he is that guy. A top 20/25 guy who can put it on you and look to take your block off.

This is a very bad style match up if Chisora comes out in the way he came out against Spzilka, because Pricey is what he is.

This has the makings of a missmatch and being dangerous for Pricey.

6. Potwash

Potwash The Real Untouchables Full Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Wouldn't surprise me if Price pulls out mid fight due to another "shoulder injury"

Chisora is going to put him to sleep, just need to pick a round to put some money on!

Optimus Grime likes this.
  7. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Prayed for Shadow,Waste of time,Still a nincompoop Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Delboy will at some point issue a high light reel ko here

8. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    With Chisora allegedly having no corner help, I'm putting a literal fiver on Price.

9. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Yes, but wasn't outclassed against Helenius, Whyte, Szpilka, Scott or Takam. Kabayel is just a bad style matchup for Chisora more than anything.

Maybe the misunderstanding here is the idea that Chisora is world level. I don't think he is by any means

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  10. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Pretty generous odds on a Chisora KO.

11. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    I know you dont think he is world class, but that's the general narrative being pushed regarding Chisora.

Here's Johnny likes this.
  12. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Chisora Stoppage.

That said, these two have sparred over the years - know each other very well. Price has been known to look fantastic in the gym.... but he can't seem to do it under the lights and TV cameras, burns himself out with nervous energy etc.

The fact he's already shared a ring with Del Boy may give him the added confidence he's sometimes missing, who knows...

13. Heisenberg

Apr 30, 2017
    Out of interest, how do people here define ‘World Class’ in sport? Is this a title only befitting of world champions or is it athletes who mix at that level through challenging for a title or holding at global top ten ranking.

For example, the dictionary defines world class as ‘among the best in the world’. Out of all the professional heavyweight boxers in the world today, Chisora and Price are both rated among the official world top 10 (IBF 9 and WBA 8 respectively). On the grand scale, are they justified in considering themselves as world class?

Clarence Gianni likes this.
  14. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Boxing organisation rankings are misleading as it's more to do with who you're promoter is. It depends on quality of division to how many fights I would class as world class. In my opinion their is 6-7 world class heavyweights just now and an additional 8-10 others who are world level.

Looking at the UK, in my opinion there are 6 heavyweights who I think would beat Chisora (T Fury, Joshua, Whyte, Dubios, Joyce, H Fury).

15. Heisenberg

Apr 30, 2017
    I agree with everything @moog said except that I don’t believe that Hughie would beat Chisora. Do we split the top tier into three levels then, for example

World Level - a Dominic Breazelle? Top 10 ranked for a few years, winning record, good KO percentage coupled with a couple of failed title shots

World Class - a Joseph Parker? Former world champion with successful title defences. Very high win percentage and consistently ranked in or around world top 5

Elite Class - a Deontay Wilder? World champion for 4-5 years with 10 successful defences, unbeaten record with ridiculously high KO% at world level