Dereck Chisora Vs David Price

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Potwash, Oct 11, 2019.

Who wins?

1. Chisora KO

75.9%
  2. Chisora Points

2.3%
  3. Price KO

18.4%
  4. Price Points

3.4%
  5. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Price starts timid, starts to get tired or hurt and either buzzes, wobbles or floors his opponent. A round later he gets stopped lol, it's like he fights to the same script every fight.

I dont know why he doesnt just throw huge shots for 3 rounds, because it's clear he can hurt people.

Will call it a day now imo, got well paid for tonight, took minimal damage, isn't going any further.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  2. Wass1985

Wass1985 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 18, 2012
    Price under attack makes Bruno look like Marvin Hagler.....

3. Boris Johnson

Boris Johnson Member Full Member

Jul 23, 2019
    My heart is broken...

chico g likes this.
  4. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Pointless.

I’ve always liked pricey but his fights are a non entity now. Grabbing a pay cheque and getting withdrawn at the first sign of trouble ready for the next PPV show.

5. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Prayed for Shadow,Waste of time,Still a nincompoop Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Pretty pathetic from Price right there

ipitythefool, EJC83, N17 and 3 others like this.
  6. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Exactly as I thought, chisora walks straight through him. Price gassed after 2 rounds. Couldn't jab as chisoras head movement too good coming in and no chance on the inside.

Corner did well to throw the towel in no point letting him get sparked out.

EJC83 likes this.
  7. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    Underlines how bad Dave Allen actually is :)

Scissors, Wizbit1013, N17 and 3 others like this.
  8. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Just watched the IFL Price interview.

He didn't sound to me like he was retiring, apparently he has options, he doesn't regret taking the fight, he took it for business/financial reasons.

Said he didn't turn up, was a late substitute and I quote "saved the show" and it was mentioned Chisora has lost 9 times to put a better look to Prices now 7 stoppage loses.

Price is finished, they can't keep giving this man pay days regardless how much they like him, he once again embarrassed himself, he showed no real desire in my opinion, came out the corner after the first bell looking nervy, defensive and beaten.

Sure he landed a couple of decent shots but Chisora didn't fold, just kept coming and the fact the corner threw the towel in at that point says everything you need to know about where Price actually is.

All Chisora did was let his hands go, that's all, walk forward and let his hands go, Price crumbled AGAIN. Price may have looked half decent against the walking punchbag Allen but every time a fighter turns up and throws punches at him now.. he folds.

Price beat Tom Little, Kash Ali and Dave Allen and gets a chief support PPV fight, that's absolutely outrageous to be honest.

The crap I've had to listen to about Price over the last 12 months is cringy and clueless, this was a money making exercise for Price, that's all, he knows, we know, everybody knows he wasn't and isn't doing anything meaningful in boxing.

The fact is (it's a fact) Price has had a worse career than Audley Harrison, Harrison won British, Commonwealth and European titles, fought for a world title.

Price hasn't achieved anything similar, he is a car crash of a fighter and I hope I never see him on Sky again, he should be basically banned from live aired events.

Octolony shore, Clarkey and Potwash like this.
  9. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    To be fair N17 at least he got up and wanted to fight on, showed some heart their.

I personally think he should call it a day, he must have a reasonable amount of coin now. Must of been paid fairly decently for tonight also, unless he wants to try make a bit more.

N17 likes this.
  10. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Time for him to call it a day now before he gets seriously hurt. Hes had a decent career and obviously a good fighter but its just watching him get beat up against anyone half decent now. Nothing to be ashamed of but when hes going into a big fight against chisora...and hes sitting needing to meditate to settle himself down....and suffering for serious self doubt continually. Your not gonna get very far. Hes not near that level after tonight....time to stop putting him in at it. Hes taking oppertunities other guys could have that will give it there all and do believe in themselves. Good guy price. But cant continue doing this.

N17 likes this.
  11. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

Maybe, maybe my dislike of him colours my thoughts and opinions, it could be my own bias.

I'm fair and honest enough to admit that LOL, but..

It was his body language when he got up though, he was hurt at the end of the previous round and didn't look great, gets floored from punches that wouldn't floor most Heavyweights, sort of holds his hands up and doesn't look that engaged or that keen to continue.

Let's remember the referee staring straight at him was happy to let him continue.

I've been on the text with a mate (yes I have at least one) and he said he reckons Price had made some sort of deal/agreement with the corner that if he went down or was in serious trouble the towel goes in.

Maybe the recent tragic events had an influence on the corner and him, I don't really blame them or him if that's the case, he obviously looked down but relieved in the IFL interview, mentioned he took the fight for business reasons, maybe he wanted the money but didn't want the beating.

Also let's remember this isn't the first time Prices corner have made decisions like this.. He was pulled out against Kuzmin after 4 rounds and didn't protest that much, he wasn't floored in that fight, just folded and he didn't protest that much tonight.

I just think if you're chief support on a PPV card and you're getting paid large then you go out like an absolute warrior, Price didn't take a 6 round onesided beating and then was dropped heavily, he was wobbled at the end of a round, touched the canvas from a couple of decent but not thunderous punches and they call it off pretty quickly.

We had Prices ringside cheerleader Darren Barker immediately go in to damage control saying there might be "issues" we wasn't told about, nonesense in my opinion and out of order, if Barker heard something he should say or not mention it because he wasn't saying that before or during the fight, Barker was inventing things throughout, trying to convince the viewers Price was setting a tempo, landing the better shots and at one point tried to imply Chisora was out on his feet.

I'm just sick of him and the completely unjustified hype and coverage he gets, this "Price is a nice guy" routine isn't wearing thin it has worn away.

Price can't keep getting chances on PPV cards and Sky Saturday night fights and putting in those kinds of performances and endings.

I hope Hearn is honest enough with Price to tell him he is finished on the platform and events, but I have a horrible feeling we will get the "he came in on late notice, he risked it all for us and we owe him another chance".

12. londonboxingess

londonboxingess Active Member Full Member

Nov 30, 2012
    We're in a bizarre world, where Price and Allen are very popular and seen as adequate support for a PPV

Wizbit1013 and N17 like this.
  13. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Price v Browne served up as a Matchroom filler in the not too distant future? I really hope not. Price offered nothing last night, he never let his hands go and didn't look like he had any intention of doing anything to win the fight. It was great to see him school Allen and completely derail that train but surely he has to be finished now.

14. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Think it took chisora about 15 seconds to get inside on price last night. Writing wss on the wall from that very moment. Its like the big mans scared to throw incase it causes his stamina tank to diminish. The truth is if his stamina tank or any other one thing is that bad...he cant fight at that level.

N17 likes this.
  15. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    R1 - Price was blowing heavily in his corner, a Red Flag.
    R2 - Price tried to spit out his gum shield, a Red Flag.
    R3 - I said to a mate that Price was unravelling and sure enough, seconds later, DB had him trouble, only for the bell to save him.
    R4 - Predictable.

My own pre-fight thoughts were Chisora in 5.

Some praise has to be given to David Haye, the upturn in Chisora since Haye arrived has been remarkable.

N17 likes this.