Dereck Chisora Vs David Price

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Potwash, Oct 11, 2019.

Who wins?

1. Chisora KO

75.9%
  2. Chisora Points

2.3%
  3. Price KO

18.4%
  4. Price Points

3.4%
  5. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    To make things worse, Puddings Chisora and Whyte seen as PPV headline acts.

Boxthing fans are so thick these days

channy, N17 and 305th like this.
  2. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Err knocked out by Pudding Whyte and knocked out 3 puddings himself.

When Pudding Chisora has any proper test, he falls apart - Haye's input is simply to generate more money spouting shyte.

N17 and Clarkey like this.
  3. Octolony shore

Octolony shore Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2016
    Price can **** off now, I gave him credit for taking the fight and he turns in a performance like that. I should have known he'd run at the first sign of trouble, he's a typical plumber that does half a job and ****s off with the money.

Nice guy my arse he's a con man.

Scissors, Oreet Cha!, KingKO and 3 others like this.
  4. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Such a predictable fight. Chisora is a seasoned twelve round professional who has been in with the best and throws punches to hurt people. Price is a glass chinned world level novice who can't do any more than six rounds of intense fighting. I knew Del Boy would come out swinging and finish it early. Price just can't handle the inside pressure of a decent heavyweight.

destruction likes this.
  5. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Hell Yeah :thumbsup:

Octolony shore and Oreet Cha! like this.
  6. dannyboy147

dannyboy147 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 2, 2010
    I’m done with Price now too he is a complete con man. That towel going in was pre planned.

N17, Octolony shore, 305th and 2 others like this.
  7. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    To be fair I don't mind seeing Allen and price on ppv cards. They are both entertaining in their own ways. It's quite amusing to see Dave Allen defend with his chin and to see price land a couple of good shots before gassing and getting stopped.

But they shouldnt be chief support, get them on early as a novelty act

8. ipitythefool

ipitythefool Prediction ? Pain Full Member

Mar 17, 2017
    People like Price because he's seen as unpredictable. But in reality he's actually very predictable.

Put in him with someone domestic level like Allen, Little etc and he'll generally get the job done by outboxing his opponent. He is a decent boxer after all (apart for , for some bizarre reason, not knowing what a jab is).

Put him in with someone beyond domestic and he'll get starched. For multiple reasons - he has absolutely no jab , he has no chin, his stamina is terrible, and he is scared of being hit.

The only unpredictable things he's done in years is momentarily wobble Povetkin. That's it.

N17 likes this.
  9. 305th

305th Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 28, 2018
    He'll be back. He's a draw purely for the freakshow element. He's wrapped his tits in twice now, well the lastest was via his corner but same deal. Expect more of that.

N17 and CutThroatFade like this.
  10. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I know we love to see a good conclusive finish but that was great work from his corner throwing the towel in. He was about to get utterly ironed out in the next exchange. They can obviously sense it coming with him, they did the same with Kuzmin.

He was on the verge of going at the end of the 3rd, even then he threw an uppercut and momentarily wobbled Chisora, however, apart from that it was just a matter of when.

I think they’ll continue to throw work at him. His value would have significantly decreased after that and he’s a decent filler with not being a 12 round fighter depending on how he’s matched.

Potwash likes this.
  11. Octolony shore

Sep 14, 2016
    The thing with price is before the fight he comes out with the crap like " I'll leave everything in the ring" when he knows the fact his corner have the towel ready. He should retire and stop conning the public.

I don't want to see him get hurt bad but I expect a lot more than the garbage he dished up lately. if you're scared of being knocked out boxing isn't the job for you.

I think Eddie hearn has seen a opportunity to keep him fighting but as soon as gets in trouble pull the big soft shyte out and take the money. I am on to their dirty little plan.

12. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Just dont understand what their doing with price as the guy said above....hes predictable in that he can outbox lower tier guys but its no chance against the better fighters. Why dont they change his style for the higher tier fighters then...its not exactly rocket science. His boxing got him a beating against chisora. As it did against anyone else that isnt domestic level. Why not change his training to fight these guys. Price should be doing explosive work in the gym. Should be banging that straight right hand in everytime chisora came above a certain point. Its like their training him to go 12 rounds at a slow and steady pace. He wont get that far against guys like chisora. Needs to go in and throw it all in. Train him for 4 explosive rounds. If you cant do that in a training camp he should be retired for his own safety. His boxings getting him no where against guys at the level he wants to be fighting. Forget boxing and go in and fight the guy then. Price should not be trying to keep a pace. Get him doing short sharp runs. Explosive fast paced work in the gym. Heavy lifting etc. If chisora can transform himself from a plodder into what he is now...why cant price.

My advice would be to get david haye on the other end of the phone. Price owes himself to either give it up altogether...or invest in himself take that one last chance.

N17 and kojak like this.
  13. Octolony shore

Sep 14, 2016
    The funniest thing about price is he came in to the gunslinger music, the fastest towel in the West of England.

305th, VanBasten and N17 like this.
  14. Cecil

Cecil Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 22, 2015
    It’s pitiful really.
    Here we have a 6’9” huge brick **** house with a jab and a huge right hand.
    He should be establishing the centre of the ring and ramming that jab into them banging over that right hand and forcing them back. Why should a fighter of his size and physical attributes ever take a backward step, he should have his opponents frightened to death.
    Instead he paws out the jab, rarely throws the right hand and fights on the back foot.
    It’s the whole package, **** training and a fighter who simply lacks aggression and has no confidence or self belief.
    He should retire simple as.

305th, Oreet Cha!, N17 and 1 other person like this.
  15. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    bbjc summed it up for me.

I don't know why he doesn't just go for broke for 3 or 4 rounds. Imagine if he actually let his hands go and started KOing people, it would be the polar opposite.

The one time in each fight he does let his hands go, he's hurt his opponent badly.

He looks the definition of a shot fighter, cant pull the trigger.

305th, N17 and bbjc like this.