Dereck Chisora Vs David Price

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Potwash, Oct 11, 2019.

Who wins?

1. Chisora KO

75.9%
  2. Chisora Points

2.3%
  3. Price KO

18.4%
  4. Price Points

3.4%
  5. Draw

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    One other thing that annoys me about Price and this isn't his fault, is how Sky Sports push the narrative that everyone loves David Price. He's everyone's favorite. **** off he's not everyone's favorite. Ditto Anthony Crolla, Dereck Chisora and Dave Allen.

N17, EJC83, Wizbit1013 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Prayed for Shadow,Waste of time,Still a nincompoop Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Del boys having a bit of a resurrection and is fairly popular with casual and some ardent fans
    The rest id 100 per cent agree with

kojak, N17 and EJC83 like this.
  3. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    Chisora is like a guilty pleasure of mine, I can't help but want to tune into see what happens next, I'd love to see him take the belt off of Charr but that fight will never happen.

4. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I have to say I like WAR Chisora. He's really taking it to his opponents and bringing entertainment. He's a good PPV undercard fighter IMO and deserves a big fight. Better than watching Dave Allen anyway.

kojak, Potwash, Oreet Cha! and 5 others like this.
  5. Snowy1989

Snowy1989 Active Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2015
    Chisora is the antithesis of Price and Allen; he deserves his slice of the PPV loot. Needs to stay well clear of Usyk mind.

I don’t wish ill health on any fighter, however those at the top level are able to push themselves to a level most people could dream of and therein lies some of the awe and entertainment. Pricey is clearly now a protected fighter who’s heart is not cut out for it. Don’t want to see him near a ppv again but I understand that won’t be the case.

N17 and 305th like this.
  6. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    I still want to see Price v Browne.

chico g, themaster999 and N17 like this.
  7. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I saw an interview and Hearn said "Price got paid very well tonight" and Hearn really meant it, so Price must have got a fair old pocket full of cash for that absolutely embarrassing and pathetic ending, so now it's time for him to go away.

Because the bottom line is Price stepped in and effectively cashed out. That's the gamble he took, nobody forced him, he said himself he took it for business reasons, he wasn't pressured, he was offered a lot of money to risk his career and he accepted it.

After saying in previous interviews he wouldn't step in late notice any longer because this is his last chance (his 7th last chance) to really give it a go....

Price has done this a couple of times now in recent memory against Kuzmin, quit on his stool and blamed the corner, and against Chisora they threw the towel in rather rapid.

Let's be generous and even forget about Thompson II with him bent over, gassed and clueless and basically giving up.

It can't just be used as a get out of jail card every time every time he loses now that he stepped in late notice or it was a fight he wasn't prepared for.

Boxing fans pay money to turn up to watch a fight and some want to see knock outs, brutal finishes, as horrible and as blunt as that sounds it's true.

Others pay PPV money, and they accept the vast majority of the card will be heavy odds on favourites knocking out over matched opponents but they expect the last 3 fights to be somewhat competitive, definitely the last two should be decent match ups.. it's PAY PER VIEW

People sit at home with a few drinks, maybe order a take away, you know, make an evening of it and the chief support has a fighter jacking it in because it got tough.

Hearn, Sky and Price himself are just blatantly conning British Boxing fans with this.. well in my opinion they should change PPV to PPF.. Prices Pension Fund.

It's a blatant abuse of boxing fans good nature and the fact they want to support boxing.

Another issue that nobody from Hearn to Adam Smith want to discuss and probably the main issue I have with the finish is the referee, an experienced British referee was looking straight at Price, looking him in the eyes and he was happy to let it continue.

But Hearn, Adam Smith and the rest of the "Price is a good guy fan club" are telling boxing fans.. "you don't need to see a definitive finish, you can just imagine a KO"

That's not what we pay for, it's not what you're selling, this is the first time I have ever felt boxing will start to genuinely suffer in the long term because of this type of show, attitude and behaviour, young combat Sports fans will turn to the UFC because they wouldn't accept crap like this, they deliver in terms of violence.

Eddie is running around selling KSI Vs Logan Paul and predicting a brutal finish, "somebody is getting knocked out" apparently, little gloves, no head guards.. it's all very dangerous.

Tell you what Eddie, don't bother organising all that, tell the two of them not to even bother turning up, just charge £20 and tell everybody to imagine it.

KingKO, Potwash, Jurgen and 1 other person like this.
  8. Marco904

Marco904 Member Full Member

Jun 3, 2019
    Probably be an OK fight if watched at x2 speed

9. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    The Price isn't right (for Boxing).

chico g and themaster999 like this.
  10. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    A lot of words there but the brutal truth is that Price was finished. The fight should have been stopped. So what if the referee was prepared to let it go on. Price was offering absolutely nothing and probably wouldn't have made it out of the third if the bell hadn't gone early. 'Oh he's buzzed Chisora, is Chisora hurt, have Chisora's legs gone.' Er, no. Chisora just walked straight out and more of the same was served up. Had the fight gone on Chisora would have waddled over to the other side of the ring as Price stood there like a man made of stone and decked him again.

And spare me the melodrama about this killing boxing. Anyone paying for the pay per view will have forgotten all about the Price fight because immediately after it came a fight of the year contender.

11. themaster999

themaster999 Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2015
    Me too mate.

We all know that Pricey is done and has been for a long time, but lets forget about it and let him knock Lucas Browne out on a SKY card so he can wander off into the sun with Tony Bellew and play Family fortunes and Catchphrase , either that or do a bit more plumbing.

12. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Good post mate - we all imagined the outcome to be a win for Pudding Chisora and this was a nonsense fight.

Hopefully Pudding Chisora fights Martin Bakole next as I think Billy's man smashes him all over the O2.

N17 likes this.
  13. minemax

minemax Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 10, 2017
    There's a conspiracy theory that Chisora was so indignant of a possibility of fighting Parker on the undercard of Taylor-Prograis, that he threatened Hearn to pull out of the event completely. So, Eddie backed down and they negotiated that Chisora would fight his buddy Price, and Parker would get "bitten by a spider".

What do you guys think about it? :smile: