Derevyanchenko is going to eat Jacobs up

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Hi-Tek-Lomo, Jun 14, 2018.

1. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    PimpC is an OK guy we both like to razz each other Its all tongue in cheek

2. Cafe

Cafe Sitzpinkler Full Member

Sep 2, 2011
    SD is no joke, I rate his skills. Haven't seen all his fights so haven't had the chance to see all the chinks, but from the few that I have seen I was mega impressed. For me he could be the guy to take over GGG. He's kinda Korobov level dark horse fighter, we'll see if he's for real in his step up.

CST80 likes this.
  3. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Derevyanchenko stopped him in 6 iirc

4. Cableaddict

Cableaddict Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 15, 2011
    That fight was a looooong time ago.
    I don't think anyone in Jacobs' camp is dumb enough to think that's how SD looks today.

Also, Castano is one tough SOB. The kind of fighter that can make anybody look a bit off.
    As a pro, he's currently 15 (11) - 0, and holds the WBA "interim" belt, whateverdafuk that means.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    CST80 likes this.
  5. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    Coming from a guy who was probably banned for being a racist troll that's hilarious. You and your fellow banned alts posters aren't even boxing fans anyway know nothing about boxing and have an agenda **** off back to castefootball.

GGG isn't great he never dared to be his best win, who ran him close, I might add is Danny ****ing Jacobs a guy who was put on ***** st by Sergio Mora and got his **** pushed in by Pirog years before. He could have been viewed as great if he didn't chase smaller fighters take step aside money and moved up to fight light punching Ward but he didn't and is being judged accordingly. After he gets tooled come September against Canelo he will fade out and people will forget about him.

GGG and great LMFAO!!!! guys like Pea Whitaker Duran PBF Pep Ward are great GGG isn't he's not in their class, not even in the same galaxy.

IsaL and rorschach51 like this.
  6. Cableaddict

Cableaddict Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 15, 2011

Spot on. But he looks to have more potential than Korobov did. He's sort of a cross between Golovkin and Errol Spence.

7. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    PBF & Ward owe their success mainly to CORRUPTION!!
    GGG beats both

frankwornank likes this.
  8. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Castano is currently perhaps the best 154lber in the world, who just hasn't gotten the chance to prove it on the world level, his two recent wins over Soro and Vitu are every bit as good as anything Charlo has accomplished, especially when you consider he didn't legit beat Trout. I think Casrtano is capable of mauling Hurd. So that proves nothing. And for the record Castano is 6'1, so Hurd wouldn't have the size advantage or the speed advantage.

Hi-Tek-Lomo likes this.
  9. Cafe

Sep 2, 2011
    TBF, Danny Jacobs other than GGG has been the best MW. The only relevant fighter he hasn't beat at MW is BJS.

10. Pimp C

Pimp C Too Much Motion Full Member

Jun 23, 2005
    MW was a trash division for years it's gotten better recently. Up until GGG fought Jacobs his best win was Martin Murray that right there tells you everything you need to know. GGG's best win was against a guy who never won a world title, let that sink in. The division was trash. I rate BJS and think he arguably beats everyone at 160.

11. thesmokingm

thesmokingm Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 18, 2009
    Before yall get overly excited, is DJ going to even take the fight? That will mean he will have to weigh in again day of the fight. He declined the IBF with GGG for a reason.

minemax likes this.
  12. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Derevyanchenko was one of the sparring partners they brought in to prepare Jacobs for GGG, they're definitely not dumb enough to think that.

KiwiMan likes this.
  13. Cafe

Sep 2, 2011
    It has been, but that's not his fault. He could have moved up and faced Ward in the middle of his career, but it would have been a bad move, especially with Canelo fight on the horizon. If Ward was still around, the fight would have actual potential of happening now.

His resume is more quantity based really, he's got plethora of top MWs of his era on his resume, unfortunately none of those fighters really stand out. Again, not really his fault. There are a few fighters who are considered great who have ruled over weaker eras.

14. Tomato(e) Can

Tomato(e) Can Emmanuel Dapidran Pacquiao. banned Full Member

Feb 19, 2018
    Jacobs gave the performance of his life against Golovkin, though. Which is why he has looked mediocre since.

CST80 likes this.
  15. Staminakills

Staminakills Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 8, 2012
    You think he's weaker being cancer free?
    WTF, you know he was fighting with cancer, not knowing he even had cancer. There's no way possible he's nearly as weakened as he was while fighting with cancer, it's not detectable all the time, once it spread he was diagnosed, training and fighting cancer free is a much stronger man,

wow just wow