Derrick Lewis

Discussion in 'MMA Forum' started by Charles White, Jul 16, 2021.

1. 3rdegree

3rdegree Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Suprisingly, Mitrione took out another heavily hyped fighter in Kimbo Slice. I'm not sure if his victories over Lewis and Slice say more about him or them?
    [media]e670NSQNpvo[/media]

UnleashtheFURY likes this.
  2. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Says something about them, the state of HW MMA and what good PR does. If Mitrione and Jordan had the kind of backing Lewis did from the UFC it's very likely their careers would have panned out differently.

3rdegree likes this.
  3. Charles White

Charles White Chucker Full Member

Sep 13, 2008
    As previously stated, I’m not big on mma in general so my knowledge base is limited in this sport. So my question is was Lewis’ win over Chris Daukus a good win? Or is Daukus an average fighter and beating him isn’t that big of a deal? Any insights from UFC/mma fans are appreciated, thanks.

4. Tug Wilson Tactics

Tug Wilson Tactics Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2021
    Daukus is an okay prospect that the UFC decided to throw to the wolves, that's it. Tom Aspinall is the guy you should be watching out for in the heavyweight division - he's pretty smart in the way that he insists on moving up the rankings gradually instead of being fed to a guy in the top 5 so early on.

[media]TTG3nZgnXGY[/media]

Francis75 and Charles White like this.
  5. Moggy94

Moggy94 Active Member Full Member

Mar 25, 2021

Wow someone actually gets it! Tyson Fury said something similar before in an interview along the lines of "It's simple if you can fight, you can fight" People on forums be swearing you need to be a technical wizard