Devon Alexander is going to KO Amir Khan.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Boxmaster, Oct 20, 2014.

1. loughlan

loughlan Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Who won round 3? Who won round 4? Who won the fight? Who outboxed who?

Actually Danny switched tactics in round 3 after working Khan out in the first two rounds and started timing him and targeting the body. THAT is why Khan tried to slug it out with him. Do you really expect people to believe that Khan is this boxing genius who is able to outbox his opponents with ease but CHOOSES not to? He tries to slug it out because he has neither the intelligence, athleticism, or skill to stay disciplined for a full 12 rounds, unless he cherrypicks shot or featherfisted fighters of course.

2. deadACE

deadACE Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Where have I stated anything about outbox and genius boxer?
    To answer some of your questions Khan is clearly winning all three rounds until he gets tagged in the 3rd so Garcia won that round and the 4th obviously as it was stopped.

You seem to have hate for Khan why is that?

3. boxfanlut

boxfanlut Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 4, 2012

Knockouts cause amnesia

4. alexthegreatmc

alexthegreatmc Sound logic and reason. You're welcome! Full Member

Sep 10, 2013
    I gotta go with Khan on this one, should be a good fight though. I'm not really a fan of Alexander but I don't think he has the goods to be Khan. Should be a decent little chess match though.

5. rayrobinson

rayrobinson Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 8, 2009
    I really think Khan will look amazing and then we will hear some classic Mayweather bull ****.

6. critix

critix Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Landing one shot with your eyes closed is not called being out boxed

7. Chiko_Tech

Chiko_Tech Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 6, 2006
    This fight will be a boring hug fest, terrible match up.

8. Azzer85

Azzer85 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 13, 2010
    If you watch the fight again, properly, you'll see that Danny had been throwing that punch throughout the fight

with Khans pathetic IQ, it was only a matter of time.

It wasnt a lucky punch, because he threw over 12 left hooks alone in round 1.

9. bfaison

bfaison Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    I wouldn't call it an "outboxing" as much as I would call it an adjustment. He (Garcia) was getting ate in round 1, adjusted in round 2 and started trying to time Khan darting in and out, and near the end of that round he started timing hooks up top and targeting everything else to the body. Then in round 3 he actually grazes and catches Khan with a few of those Lhooks, and finally landed one on the button at the end of the round. But he did that by ad******g his tactics, getting closer and targeting the body, Khan just continued doing the same thing and was forced to try and outfight Garcia because he was starting to land.

10. loughlan

loughlan Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Apologies, got you mixed up with another poster. But no I have no hate for Khan, I don't rate him at all either. What annoys me is when the "Khan has never been outboxed" line gets thrown around like he's a Mayweather or Klitschko level fighter.