Dillian Whyte tests positive for banned substance

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by wallworkjake123, Nov 6, 2012.

Is Dillian is innocent?

1. Yes

54 vote(s)
    26.5%
  2. No

125 vote(s)
    61.3%
  3. Who Cares?

25 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    Funny thing is he actually passed a UKAD test then failed VADA 5 days later. Pretty much the reverse of What happened to Whyte

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
    BaronSamedi and Scissors like this.
  2. nurological

May 25, 2012
    Also why if he fought on November 3 is it taking until December to test?

3. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
  4. nurological

May 25, 2012
    Sarcasm clearly isn't your thing

Patter983 likes this.
  5. Patter983

Patter983 Active Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2018
    mate only just read the whole conversation haha my bad!

nurological likes this.
  6. boxberry92

boxberry92 Member Full Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Boxing needs one independent body that has the power to impose lengthy bans across the board.

UKAD banning boxer's for four years serves no real purpose if VADA is only implementing six-month bans.

Jarrell Miller returning to the ring last weekend highlights that top-class boxers literally have a license to do what they want in terms of taking PEDs. Chavez Jnr has set a new precedent in that if you're high profile enough you can flat out refuse to take a test and still be allowed to fight and make millions of $.

I fully expect Dillian Whyte to be headlining Matchroom PPV shows on SKY next year, the worst-case scenario for Dillain is that he will have to relocate to the USA where he will immediately be signed to a multimillion multi-fight deal with TOP Rank or PBC.

7. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Not even that, all you need is for all the anti-doping agencies, sanctioning bodies and state commissions/national boards to agree to a worldwide “treaty” or deal whereby if one anti-doping agency bans a boxer, all other sanctioning bodies and commissions honour that ban as well. That’s how laws are harmonised across different countries (e.g. the old Rome Convention on applicable laws).

We all know there will never be one governing body in this *******ised sport but something similar to what I outlined above would work. Dopers would then be forced out of the boxing to another sport (e.g. MMA or kickboxing or BKB etc) if they want to keep making a living from fighting.

boxberry92 likes this.
  8. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Ortiz might be juicing, but do you really think he has took a training camp this seriously before?

No doubt he has taken his diet seriously and his S&C work.

Might be shades of Marquez against Manny in their fourth encounter, or it could be that he is a world class athlete with a world class camp that has gone amazingly well and he's got everything out of it?

Not to defend him, but fans don't realise how little Boxers know about anything that isn't Boxing but is related to their sport.

World class athlete + correct diet + S&C + maximum input = mind-blowing results.

9. boxberry92

boxberry92 Member Full Member

Jun 22, 2008
    You're right, for some reason, his fight against Donovan Dennis showed up on the front page of YouTube yesterday and I assumed he boxed under the radar over the weekend as the dates matched up.

I see now it was clickbait.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  10. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    He just looks more ripped. He'll still gas quickly and look slow as **** in doing so. We often get fooled into thinking a more toned fighter in instantly in better condition

Papa_Bear, kojak, Scissors and 3 others like this.
  11. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Ala Tony Bellew against Usyk.

12. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    Nah. Ortiz is more ready than ever. That's clear to see.

13. Brixton Bomber

Sep 21, 2013
    Is this sarcasm? Bellew looked like absolute shite @ CW.

He clearly didn't stay disciplined when he moved up from LHW, as he ha a huge pouch on him.

14. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I don't want to see Dillian in the ring, unless he addresses this drugs mess. If he swans over to Saudi and fights on the card without saying anything, than I will be routing for whichever bum he fights to bang him out.

Look, we know drugs are rife in the division- Miller, Ortiz, Fury (sort of) have all been recently done for it and have taken their licks through lost fights/purses and bad publicity etc- Whyte needs to do the same and either admit it or tell us why he's innocent.

After that, we can all move on and forget about it- not saying anything is unforgivable though IMO.

kevinreid001 and Twentyman like this.
  15. kojak

kojak Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 22, 2012
    Haha no it isnt, my point was he was in the best shape he had ever been in and to quote 'first time I've had abs in my career!'

He still gassed by round 7.

Just highlighting Paddys point that looking in 'shape' means nothing. Especially for fighters who expect to turn things around in one camp in the later years, when they've not addressed conditioning all throughout there career.