Dillian Whyte Vs Lucas Browne

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Potwash, Mar 13, 2018.

1. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Can we get Ivan Dychko some momentum Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Just whacked a tenner on Browne to win via stoppage gets me £60 back

2. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    I’m tempted too.

3. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    What are people expecting in this fight? I think its genuinely 50/50 and could be a bit exciting but awful from a boxing POV.

This literally could turn into what will look like 2 drunks outside the pub swinging

4. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    I’m expecting Browne to be patient, keep mounting pressure, gladly dropping rounds and eventually KTFO Whyte. Browne has just oozed confidence all through the build up. Rewatch the Helenius fight. When Whyte was hurt early he started to box scared from range.

5. anjawnaymiz

Sep 6, 2008
    unless whyte has become some defence master and sticks to a game plan I think he's getting stopped. His jab isn't good enough to keep browne off, and the right hand hasn't been the same since the op imo.

he's always there to be hit and loves to get into a tear-up which will play into browns hands

an over the hill helenius had whyte looking a bit wobbly early on

we'll probably get a few early cagey rounds but browne will drop whyte and the fight will get stopped

unless browne really has grown old overnight that is

zulander likes this.
  6. hap

hap Member Full Member

Mar 28, 2015
    Quite fancied Browne in this when it was first touted. He's got a healthy dig and exhibited real tenacity in the Chagaev fight, whatever beating a once very good but clearly washed up ex champion's worth.

I noticed Browne has a couple of losses by TKO from his MMA days listed on his wiki page, one to Daniel Cormier. Probably common knowledge but was news to me. Can't seem to find any footage of them so it's hard to judge his chin without seeing the manner of the stoppages.

For me that's what it'll come down to, can he deal with Whyte's pressure long enough to stick something on him.

It feels very evenly matched though. Whyte's the better boxer but can be ragged when he isn't bossing. Opportunities will be there for Browne and the sort of money that'll be on the line for the winner should be motivation enough for the pair of them to fight out of their skin. Whether that means a great fight or a stinker depends on how safe Whyte plays it.

Even though Browne's pushing 40 I just have a feeling he takes it. Which probably translates to Whyte catching Browne cold and stopping him inside a round. Whatever happens, this fight has the potential to tell us a lot more about Browne than Whyte.

Russell likes this.
  7. Nicksp1976

Nicksp1976 Member Full Member

Oct 17, 2017
    People don't like Whyte and I think this is the major reason everyone thinks Browne will win.
    I think Browne will come in and try and finish Whyte early with wild swings. After 3 rounds he will gas out and then Whyte will win between 5-8 rounds.

8. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    I put 15 on returns 90, but closer it comes less confident I am, I’m starting to think whyte will edge it on points.

9. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I thnk both will be gassed by the 4th and have no power left. Browne is off the juice now also so he wont have that extra in reserve

10. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    I’d say that if Browne hasn’t at least hurt or rocked Whyte in the first six rounds Whyte will take it to the distance.

11. velagod

Oct 20, 2012
    Yeah I agree espically seeing as Browne hasn’t been very active recently, one thing that gives me faith though is if Browne does wobble him he will go for broke to get him out of there, unlike helenius.

12. anjawnaymiz

Sep 6, 2008
    will go the same way as whyte vs chisora but browne hits much harder and will get the job done

13. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Still value in it though...

How do people see buglioni -Johnson going?

I’m thinking buglioni points...

14. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    I watched the weigh in. Both fighters in good shape visually. Lucas Browne looking decent, much more confident in him now.

Howitzer1888 and velagod like this.
  15. velagod

Oct 20, 2012
    Yeah he looked better on the scales than I thought he would, I’m suprised whyte came in so heavy though, we keep hearing all this talk from him about new training methods and having nutritionist and he keeps coming in heavy.