Dillian Whyte vs Otto Wallin set for October 30th

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Chuck Norris, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Kiwi Casual

Kiwi Casual Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2021
    People have to remember how close Wallin was to actually stopping Fury (even if at times he played dirty). I definitely wouldn't underestimate Wallin, he will cause Whyte some major issues.

Pepsi Dioxide likes this.
  2. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Wallin is a southpaw. If he goes into the fight in good condition, he has a great chance to pull the upset.

3. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    The stoppage would have been off 1 cut though. It's not like he completely battered Fury's face like Lewis did Vitali.

Wallin however did hurt Fury in round 12 which i will give him a lot of credit for. Had Wallin been a power puncher he could have dropped Fury, finished him off and pulled off an upset. Wallins tactics in the early rounds were pretty good. He pressured him and went to the body and it clearly gave Fury issues. A decent heavyweight with power and speed that can implement those tactics will have a great chance of beating Fury

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  4. Kiwi Casual

Kiwi Casual Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2021
    One very severe cut. Fights have been stopped for a lot less cut-wise. Watching the fight I thought it was gonna get stopped at any minute because of the bleeding.

Pepsi Dioxide likes this.
  5. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Yes but it was being treated by Vaseline. The Wilder rematch was at stake and Fury was in total control of the fight by the middle rounds at least until the very end. There's just no argument for it to be stopped because Fury cut healed quickly a little thanks to the petroleum jelly and he handled buisness during that fight. The fights that are stopped for less should be called into question.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
  6. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Wallin or Whyte by hometown decision.

7. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Of course.
    Wallin had fought vs Fury and Fury moves pretty well for his size: he is more mobile and agile than Whyte!
    If Fury didn't had stopped Wallin then for Whyte this will be not easy task.

Both of them: A.J and Fury will beat crap out of Whyte: they are large and more mobile than Whyte!

8. DramaShow

DramaShow 19 banned Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    Whyte will beat Wallin via a wide points decision.

Wallin is severely overrated due to Fury fans defending Tyson for his lacklustre performance against the Swede, making out Wallin to be a world-beater. He has a solid jab and good footwork, that's it.

He's basically the Nordic version of Hughie Fury, who I think would beat Wallin himself.

Mitch87 and Koli55 like this.
  9. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    The classic "Tyson didn't take him seriously" line.

I've only been up for an hour...

10. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    At first: most overrated HW boxer in U.K today is Whyte no one else.

Whyte had get gift decision vs Chisora I in their first fight while he LOST this fight. LOL. Chisora had won this one!
    Pro boxing is BUSINESS! NOT sport!
    Whyte had lost fight on 2 judges cards vs Chisora II until he get landed on Chisora this happy punch.
    Definitely world class boxer had been proved during 10 full rounds vs Chisora before this punch.
    Whyte while being 32 y.o 252 lbs elephant had been sparked like a cristmas tree by 40 years 11 months old 224 lbs ghost from over the hill uncle Povetkin.
    Best career achievement: to finish 41 years 6 month old uncle who looked awful when he climbed up to the scales.

I don't blame Whyte cos Povetkin during decade had been ranked in top 10 by multiple orgs and so on.
    While he was over the hill small HW boxer even before fight vs A.J. Even Pov fans saw this in fights he had won.

Now to claim that he will beat Wilder, Fury, A.J?

Thigs that Whyte NEVER will have.:D

In U.K if it will end on cards for sure Hugie will get decision.

Still again: while Wallin isn't a puncher, he is really larger than Usyk or Povetkin. He isn't old uncle.
    He does have better footwork than Whyte, Chisora or 37+ y.o Povetkin's versions with 0 doubts.

Wallin maybe isn't world killer but lesser overrated than Whyte.
    Wallin and even Chisora doesn't gets sparked by senior citizens who are small for modern HW.
    More than this: there is no proof that Whyte might beat even Hunter.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2021
  11. Vegan Beast

Vegan Beast Grandpappy Ortiz Full Member

Aug 19, 2020
    Still, would be funny if Wallin gets a dramatic ko XD

12. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Yeah. The worry for me is that Wallin does just enough to lose. Could see him winning 7-8 rounds fairly clearly, and Shyte still being given the decision.

catchwtboxing likes this.
  13. youcrazyboy

youcrazyboy Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Sorry don’t the Wallin hype. Fury fight was Fury not up for it. Whyte is lined up for Fury for WBC belt (legal threat has worked) and he will spark Wallin in 6. Way too much at stake.