Do you think Hatton Is Serious about Fighting Floyd

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by bigtime9, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Expert

Expert Member Full Member

Mar 12, 2007
    Yes, n at 147.

2. smokey

smokey Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2005
    I think Hatton has the potential to beat him. If he can execute is grinding, mauling attack on Mayweather, then he definitely wins it. Good well times infighting nullifies speed.

If Floyd tried to potshot from the oustide for safety he could get thoroughly beaten on the cars. I think Floyd HAS to fight against Hatton. If he could execute solid combination punching from the outside, he would beat Hatton. I really don't think Floyd has shown that he is great in that area though. I see Hatton putting him through a fight like the first PBF-Castillo fight with probably more punishment being landed on Floyd.

3. SweetScienceFan

SweetScienceFan Member Full Member

May 11, 2007
    You have no idea if Hatton actually declined fighting Floyd, or for that matter what type of offer he declined. More than likely Floyd tossed some pathetic offer at him that had chance of being accepted. Hatton puts asses in the seats and deserves to be paid for that.

4. bigtime9

bigtime9 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 11, 2006
    hatton said that three fights ago...now he is saying he needs another three fights to get used to the weight at 147...poppycock:roll: hatton is no spring chicken I think he is using floyd's name to negotiate another HBO contract. If HBO bites and gives hatton another three fights on the network w/out fighting floyd then hatton will not fight floyd.

5. bigtime9

bigtime9 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 11, 2006
    where have you been, hatton wanted 13million to fight floyd last november. Now he is out of an HBO contract and he calls out floyd. All I am saying is that hatton is very sneaky and will use floyd to build up his name while fighting tuneups.

6. Lance_Uppercut

Lance_Uppercut ESKIMO Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Your hero is RETIRED and not that many people even care...he's yesterdays news *****.

7. grayggr

grayggr Active Member Full Member

Apr 24, 2006
    My view is that Hatton definitely wants the fight, and would go into ring tomorrow against any fighter (heavyweights included). He is the type of fighter that shows no fear, and has the heart of a lion (terrible cliche I know, but I likes it.). However;

a) fighting a heavyweight or anything above Welter at this stage is a completely ******ed and stupid thing to do :blurp

and

b) I feel his management (no facts, just a feeling) never wanted the PBF fight in the past and advised him out of it.

this time however I hope the management team, dad, dennis hobson (or GBP if that materialises), and Billy Graham give it the green light. I honestly believe that between Hatton, Cotto and Mosley, that one of these guys has a chance of putting a '1' in that 'oh' so pretty '0' column of PBF if he decides to come out of 'retirement'.

8. David UK

David UK Boxing Addict banned

Feb 6, 2007
    I admire Hatton for saying he wasn't ready for Mayweather at that time. He's refreshingly honest and Mayeather should have taken it as a huge compliment. ALL other fighters make unrealistic financial demands,jump two divisions, or refuse to travel eg Roy Jones, Hopkins,Taylor