Does Bellew have the power to hurt Haye? Poll.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by On The Money, Feb 26, 2017.

Does Bellew have the power to knock down Haye in ring?

1. Yes

33 vote(s)
    51.6%
  2. No

29 vote(s)
    45.3%
  3. Dunno

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  1. On The Money

On The Money Dangerous Journeyman Full Member

Apr 4, 2012
    I note in the face off Haye scoffed at Bellew's claim he had the power to drop him. I'm not so sure, Thompson and Mormeck managed it, and that SMW Mock guy seriously wobbled Haye - three fights where Haye was on the front foot unlike Wlad/Valuev. All a long time ago I know but surely Bellew is on par with these guys for power and ability? The main caveat of course is this is not a cruiser fight.

2. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    Absolutely he does, Haye has a VERY shaky chin.

He was also down vs Barrett, and rocked vs Fragomeni.

3. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Anyone can hurt anyone. I'm just not convinced that Bellew has the subtlety or boxing ability to hit Haye with something he doesn't see coming.

lawslaw and Twentyman like this.
  4. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    I have never understood why Haye is labelled as having a particularly shaky chin.

Yes t man has been hurt, but no more so then the majority of fighters.

He has never been knocked out - only stopped on his feet from basically exhaustion.

Wlad hit him with some meaty shots, and he took them. Bellews power is overrated in my opinion -I agree with David...if he gets hits nothing really happens.

bailey, impacted, Gatekeeper and 5 others like this.
  5. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    At 15 stone+, if one fella catches another on the button, they are gonna be on wobbly legs.

lawslaw and thornpipe like this.
  6. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    If tony lands one of them big left hooks flush I can see Haye struggling to ride it...Maybe a KD or something.
    Haye doesn't have a great chin. Put down by Mormeck, slip involved infairness and was rocked a couple of times at cruiser. Wobbled by Barrett when he went down from a slip and was on shaky legs. Yes he took Wlad's best but he was literally moving backward and sideways all night he only took a couple of big right-handers. He isn't glass chinned but I never think he's the most durable especially with the doubts he has over his stamina.

7. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    Stopped by Thompson
    Down and almost out vs former SMW Lolenga Mock
    Down and almost finished vs Mormeck
    Down vs Monte Barrett

To add to the evidence, Haye rarely gets hit. It's not like he's some out of control slugger who's constantly brawling and getting tagged.

8. lawslaw

lawslaw Active Member Full Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Another made up BS fantasy post from the Haye hater. He slipped clearly against Barrett, as anyone with half a brain could see including the referee.

But it is not the first time you have tried to rewrite boxing history in your obsessive hating of Haye, and it won't be the last.

S.K likes this.
  9. Sugar 88

Sugar 88 The Empire Struck Back Full Member

Feb 4, 2012
    To clear something up I think the version of Mormeck Haye beat would have flattened Bellew. I think he is luckier than Enzo Mac to be a belt holder at 200 lbs. Tony is proof how belts can open up for you if you take the right route with Makabu now obviously hugely overrated. I fully expect him to lose the rest of his big fights from here on out after losing at Woodison.

10. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Bellew may well have the power to hurt Haye, but Haye is much quicker and has better movement.

Tony wont come close to even landing a good shot, Haye will be too elusive and fast for him.

11. lawslaw

Sep 10, 2016
    Agreed. That Mormeck butchers Bellew.

12. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    Listen fanboy, you ran from the last thread so you have no credibility here.

I was also there live for the Barrett fight at the o2, I doubt you were.

13. lawslaw

Sep 10, 2016
    I didn't run from any thread, I had already proved my point which any rational person would see.

You being at the O2 to see the fight means absolutely nothing.

14. yesihavearm2

May 30, 2008
    You mean where you contradicted yourself?

Valuev top heavyweight...I'm still laughing now LOL

15. lawslaw

Sep 10, 2016
    Valuev was a top heavyweight according to Ring rankings at the time in question. Just as Haye was. If you can't accept that it is not my problem troll.

Now jog on I am sure Tyson Fury wants some hugs somewhere.