Dubois-Carter for Southern Area Title

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by PaddyGarcia, Jul 27, 2017.

1. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    Just announced. Carter lost to the same journeyman who beat Sean Turner last time out.
    Not an inspiring fight but I think going for an area title and then working toward English etc is the right way to go at this age

EDIT - seem they're looking at the winner of Cornish and Sexton for the British after, which is a good move.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  2. B.A.S.

B.A.S. Active Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Quite refreshing to see prospects moved in this way again, rather than what we've become accustomed to recently with padding records against European Journeymen for intercontinental trinkets.

War Dubois.

3. yesihavearm2

yesihavearm2 ESB Chinchecker Full Member

May 30, 2008
    The matchmaking for Dubois so far has been the worst I've seen given to a prospect in 25+ years of following the sport. Two of his opponents were LHW's for god sake, how is this refreshing?

S.K likes this.
  4. PaddyGarcia

Feb 13, 2014
    He's talking about the next opponent. In any case, wasn't David Howe supposed to be his debut fight? That would have been decent to begin with but he dropped out last minute hence the fat dude they got in. Last fight was a late dropout too. It still sucks, but this and then a fight for the British after would be pretty cool I think.

5. Matt Petley

Matt Petley Active Member Full Member

May 19, 2017
    more importantly, why is yarde ducking burton

6. PaddyGarcia

Feb 13, 2014
    I can't understand why they wouldn't try to make that fight. I think Frank said in the presser the person they go for will be world ranked and beyond British level but I'm somewhat sceptical of that.

S.K likes this.
  7. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Blatant duck IMO. Not from Yarde who I'm sure would fancy it but Warren.

8. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I don't think it is too bad for his 5th fight in all honesty. Carter is pretty poor but he won't come to lose.

Howitzer1888 likes this.
  9. PaddyGarcia

Feb 13, 2014
    I agree, they can and should take their time with Dubois. Although with the hype they're building for him that can become a little tedious

10. Howitzer1888

Howitzer1888 Active Member Full Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Carter is fine for a 5th fight but I would have hoped for a slightly more durable opponent for Dubois, someone who could actually give him some rounds and some experience.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  11. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
  12. UnleashtheFURY

UnleashtheFURY D'oh! Full Member

Sep 29, 2012

I don't have any problem with this... Guy only has a couple of fights, and it's for a minor regional title. Good move. I think Kamil Sokolowski is a lot better than his record suggests. He'd be as good for getting tough rounds is as Cornish and Sexton would.

People need to lay off this kid.. 4-0 and just made his debut in April... If he's bum crushing 3-4 years into his career like Wilder was then it's time to get angry.

PaddyGarcia likes this.
  13. Matt Petley

Matt Petley Active Member Full Member

May 19, 2017
    well he said they will be ranked above bugliioni on Boxrec, but buglioni is ranked 36 on boxrec and there is a lot of easy fights for Yarde who are ranked higher than frank, no doubt they will pick the easiest possible one.