Dubois v Gorman

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Scissors, Jul 6, 2019.

Who wins and how

1. Dubois KO

48 vote(s)
    50.5%
  2. Dubois Points

7 vote(s)
    7.4%
  3. Gorman KO

18 vote(s)
    18.9%
  4. Gorman points

22 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    He only really appears to defend Matchroom fighters. If Dubois lost tonight he'd be on here immediately slating Frank Warren.

2. Gomo

Gomo Active Member Full Member

Apr 1, 2018
    Gorman looked decent until he got hit.

I think he's used to bossing the centre ring and out boxing guys on the front foot, being the better boxer technically but perhaps having fought guys who don't offer much on return to make him think.

What happened here imo is he panicked as soon as Dubois hit him and put him on the back foot he didn't know how to deal with it. It didn't look like he could counter punch, probably has never needed to and once he felt the power he didn't know how to react other than start swinging back very erratically. Gorman looked very raw and inexperienced in there, much more so than Dubois. I think he has talent but hes way behind DDD.

Twentyman likes this.
  3. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    He's bagging him on another thread.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  4. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Suprised to see him posting out of a Dillian Whyte thread.

Aydamn and CutThroatFade like this.
  5. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Warren was in a largely no-lose situation in terms of what happened in the ring last night. Whatever happens he still walks away with a young, unbeaten British heavyweight champion. I'm not convinced by those who were of the mindset that he was desperate for Dubois to win. He's got the personality of a garden fence.

Still poor promotion though. I've mentioned elsewhere how under the radar this fight was.

6. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I thought Nathan was quite disappointing.
    Dubois came in and did exactly what I expected him to do, whilst nathan did nothing of what I expected him to do. His only answer to ddd jab was to throw that single left hook whilst dropping himself to his right and then putting himself in a position to do nothing else. Ddd just rolled it every time and Nathan never learned to change his tactics.
    No head movement no feinting I was underwhelmed by Nathan. Ddd looked good, well done to the lad.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2019
  7. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Gorman is crap.
    Tough but not much else.

Aydamn likes this.
  8. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    What made you change your mind from weeks and months ago when you backed Gorman everytime the conversation came up??

Doesn’t matter anyway... last we’ll hear about Gorman and Hughie maybe one day the drama queen hyping will end for good.

9. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    I am surprised you are out of the kitchen.

Inglis_1 likes this.
  10. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    So will this end all the hype and drama around sparring stories??? They did how many rounds together??? Granted it was a short while back but a fighter always keeps their natural tendencies... you’d think Gorman would have shown a little more familiarity and awareness compared to what he showed last night!

Its not like Dubois is unpredictable... he always comes out with the killer instinct and intensity and Gorman had no clue how to deal with it

11. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Read the actual post I made. It was the Lartey fight.

Gorman is still a good fighter. He puts his punches very well. He just can’t live with Dubois’ power and speed. Dubois is a special special talent. I’d still back Gorman to beat any British HW outside of Dubois, Joshua, both Furys and Whyte. Joyce would be a 50/50.

Just relax a bit and don’t attribute false quotes or predictions to me. Actually read the thread next time before you make an arse of yourself.

Aydamn likes this.
  12. Aydamn

Jul 31, 2018
    My apologies CutThroatFade, for what its worth I am sorry for your loss.. the Fury family will no doubt be grieving over this loss but Fury took it well last night with his smiles

Yeah Dubois is special, but I think Gorman has a lot more proving to do because last night was not even remotely competitive.

13. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Ye mate, that's a better way of saying once he got hit he went into his shell lol

Scissors likes this.