Eddie Hearn confirm New Ring Size for Billy Joe

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by shadow111, May 5, 2021.

1. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Hearn has confirmed that Canelo has agreed to all of Saunders demands!! What a great guy of Canelo to allow Billy to get his bigger ring. Canelo could have said no, but to make Billy and his family happy he said YES!

So it appears that we will see the debut of a brand new Uniquely Large Gypsy-Style Ring on Saturday Night for Billy Joe so he can run around to his heart's content.

In this interview Hearn breaks down exactly what happened :

This content is protected

Hearn said that Saunders has never in his career boxed in a ring larger than 20 feet inside the ropes, and in Matchroom promoted events Billy has been boxing in a 22 foot ring that's only 18 feet inside the ropes.

He said that the ring that was planned for this was 18 feet inside the the ropes, but Billy's team for this match wanted 20 foot inside the ropes.

He cleared it with Canelo and Canelo sad YES.

But Billy then decided he wanted to have an even bigger ring and said he wanted 22 feet inside the ropes LOL!

Hearn was worried that Canelo would say no but he confirmed that Canelo said YES to that too lol.

So Canelo has given Billy everything he wanted, We will have a MASSIVE Ring on Saturday Night. 22 feet INSIDE the ropes. (22 feet from turnbuckle to turnbuckle)

This is a bigger ring than Billy has ever fought in his entire career and surely is a bigger than than Canelo has either. Bring your track shoes, we could see a 400 meter dash on Saturday Night!

2. Goran_

Goran_ Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 27, 2018
    Do people who take **** loads of steroids get really massive heads? Honestly, some of the biggest & most disproportionate heads I've ever seen are in boxing LOL.. Alvaroid, Pacroid, Mikey Garcia.. Canelos dome is like a pumpkin that's been left in the ground too long & been fed extra fertiliser

3. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Billy didn't get his British judge.

4. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    Who will the judges be? Has it been announced?

5. kiwi_boxer

kiwi_boxer nighty night, ellerbe ☠ ☠ ☠ banned Full Member

Aug 25, 2013
    Bigger ring than Billy has ever fought in huh?

said Hearn to Behind The Gloves.

Wizbit1013 likes this.
  6. Pakkuman

Pakkuman I'm not hot. I'm just BIG. banned Full Member

Jun 26, 2019

Pacquiao's head was ginormous going back to his teenage years

Eastern Iron and oldcanvasback like this.
  7. kiwi_boxer

Aug 25, 2013
    In short, no. No, they do not.

How many bodybuilders do you see with gigantic pumpkin heads? It is down to what they take, how often they take it, and what they cycle off with.

If you're pointing the finger at Canelo because of his failed tests for clen, that will not grow your head in any way, shape or form. However, if he used Clen as a masking agent for HGH or the likes, that's a different story. But, be warned, you are in shadows thread, here come the 100+ misinformed and uneducated steroid posts... 'but, but, but, he passed the hair follicle test' :duh

@Bustajay you gotta stay off dat clen bruh, yo dome getting massive.

Gatekeeper, Bustajay and BCS8 like this.
  8. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    1:15 "Billy Joe's last few fights, well all of his fights with us have been in a 22 foot ring, 18 feet inside the ropes"

Billy Joe's team decided he wanted 20 feet inside the ropes, instead of 18.

Canelo said OK.

Then Billy Joe's team decided he wanted 22 feet inside the ropes, instead of 20. Canelo again said YES.

Billy has his advantage, they will be fighting in a non-standard sized ring, in a bigger ring than Saunders himself has ever fought in. A ring 4 feet larger than he was fighting in his last few fights.

JSpizz, Rumsfeld and IsaL like this.
  9. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    what? you mean canelo never asked for a small ring, and agreed to a larger ring with no drama? but scores of fanboys have been telling me canelo has been trying to **** bjs with the ring. what gives, whos full of **** here?

gogeta and MarkusFlorez99 like this.
  10. kiwi_boxer

Aug 25, 2013
    Appreciate the time stamp :beer-toast1: I take it back, Hearn did state 18 inside.

I'm not sure what BJS is trying to gain from this whole thing, unsure if it's for publicity, or if it's simply mind games so Canelo doesn't think he's going to bend over... more than likely the latter of the two.

Who would have thought so much drama could come from a damn ring - well, apart from Wlad and Fury.

It really won't matter at the end of the day, Billy to win 5/6 of the first rounds, but

11. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot etreuM aL Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    There are only gypsy women

12. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Ehh... Who when talking about ring size is referring to the outside of the rind? Seems like a very stupid thing to get wrong in a contract.

13. shadow111

Aug 1, 2012
    According to Hearn, the biggest ring Saunders ever fought in was 20 feet inside the ropes. I'm not sure this is true though, because the ring in Canada vs David Lemieux looked pretty big. That was either 20 feet or 22 feet inside the ropes. (anyone know? what is your best guess?) It was certainly bigger than the ring in Billy's last 2 fights, which appear to be only 18 feet inside the ropes.

Hearn claimed that under Matchroom, Billy Joe was fighting in a 22 foot ring, that was 18 feet inside the ropes.

Looking at his last fight vs Murray, the ring edge was very close to the where the ropes were. It looks to me like there's only 1 or 2 feet between the ring edge and the ropes. If that was 2 feet from the ropes to ring edge, then from each turnbuckle, that would be 2 + 2 = 4, making each side of the ring itself measuring 22 feet. That would suggest that any ring that measures 20 feet on each side would be 4 feet less between the ropes from turnbuckle to turnbuckle, because you have to add the distance between ropes and ring edge to "each" side of the turnbuckle to get the total distance of each side of the ring edge.

The confusion here is that when people say a standard ring is 20 feet by 20 feet, it's unclear if that means the distance of the ropes from turnbuckle to turnbuckle or of the outer ring edge itself.

Vs Coceres, which was in Los Angeles, Saunders struggled mightily winning barely a Split Decision. That was a smaller ring as well, that looks to be the same size as the ring "inside the ropes" that he fought in vs Murray which would have been 18 feet inside the ropes, or from turnbuckle to turnbuckle.

It looks to me like the ring vs Murray was about the same size as the ring in Los Angeles vs Coceres, which I'm guessing both were 18 feet inside the ropes, and the ring edge was either 20 of 22 feet. (according to Eddie, the ring edge for Murray was 22 feet)

However looking back, when Billy fought Isufi, that was clearly a much bigger ring than he fought in vs Coceres or Murray. That had to be AT LEAST 20 feet "inside the ropes" and vs vs Lemieux that had to be AT LEAST 20 feet "inside the ropes" if not 22 feet.

So it seems to me that in Billy's last 2 fights, he fought in a ring that was 18 feet inside the ropes. But in vs Isufi and vs Lemieux, the ring he fought in was clearly bigger, so for those fights he was fighting in a ring that at least 20 feet inside the the ropes and may have been 22 feet inside the ropes.

I'm just trying to understand if this ring on Saturday will be 2 feet bigger inside the ropes than the ring he fought in vs Isufi or Lemieux or will it merely be the same size as the ring in those matches?

14. BCS8

BCS8 VIP Member Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    This is simple:

1) BJS is ****ing with Canelo to annoy him. Probably because he's not getting his UK judge.
    2) This should have been in the contract from the start. It's like amateur hour with the world's biggest boxing promos.
    3) If Canelo is as good as advertised this shouldn't make a huge difference. BJS still has to hit Canelo to win and if he's in punching range then Canelo can hit him too.
    4) This is going to be a good fight. The Canelitas seem to think ginger will blow through him. He won't. He will have to work for this one.

15. DanielDimov

DanielDimov Jabbing all night Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    All three from Mexico :hang